Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC: Microsoft in web photo racism row
Ooh Adrian ... you're gonna love this ROFLOL

Quote:[Image: 1.jpg]
Software giant Microsoft has apologised for editing a photo to change a black man's head to that of a white man.

The picture, showing employees sitting around a desk, appeared unaltered on the firm's US website.

But on the website of its Polish business unit the black man's head was replaced with a white face, although the colour of his hands were unchanged.

Microsoft said it had pulled the image and would be investigating who made the changes. It apologised for the gaffe.

The altered image, which also featured an Asian man and a white woman, was quickly circulated online.

[Read The Rest Of The Article Here]

I'm lost for words ... my assumption is that whoever makes MS's adverts were responsible but I wouldn't rule out someone senior at Redmond being for the high-jump!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
RE: BBC: Microsoft in web photo racism row
Or, what I find more likely, is that the marketing dept ordered the change because there aren't that many black men in Poland and a white guy in the picture would help the Polish people to identify easier. They never anticipated the backlash probably.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
But then why did they keep the hand black? Lol. It's so fucking obvious lol.

EvF
It just looks like the white guy has a tan IMO.
I agree. If I didn't know about the original I might have missed the fact that it was altered.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Yeah....I'm looking with hindsight. I guess it's not that obvious. It does look just as easily like at tan really

Looking at it now the head does look totally stuck on to me though, lol. Whether it's my imagination or not lol...

My bro says he could do something like that easily...is it done well or not lol?

I guess it comes down to the fact we're looking at both to compare...so it's easier to tell what's been done..

EvF
Must mean Poland has problems over black people. I know they have loony right-wing nazi types so maybe it's an even bigger problem than just that.
The other man in the pic is not pure arian either, he looks asian of some sort....won't the Polish bigots have a problem with him?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(August 26, 2009 at 12:34 pm)bozo Wrote: Must mean Poland has problems over black people.

And how do you arrive at that conclusion?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(August 26, 2009 at 2:03 pm)leo-rcc Wrote:
(August 26, 2009 at 12:34 pm)bozo Wrote: Must mean Poland has problems over black people.

And how do you arrive at that conclusion?

IS THIS A TRICK QUESTION?
The black man became white ( ish )
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
No it is not a trick question.

Why is changing of an add by a company lead you to conclude that Poland has problems over black people.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For the scond night in a row...... Brian37 9 717 May 2, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mid-late 2000's internet was the best time for the web. Mechaghostman2 6 807 June 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
Bug Is your personal web site malicious? JohnMBauer 8 690 May 24, 2020 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Succubus#2
  What is your favorite BBC show? Foxaèr 47 9834 May 27, 2017 at 11:43 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Question for the PC police about racism... IanHulett 17 2734 January 6, 2017 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Death Row Meal chimp3 54 3929 December 12, 2016 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Biological Strategy to end Racism chimp3 46 3706 September 26, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  So I surfed the deep web Dystopia 19 3973 February 5, 2016 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Suspicious activity at California shooter's home not reported due to fear of racism. Catholic_Lady 34 4094 December 6, 2015 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Cato
  Ever wondered what a 40 gigapixel photo looks like? Napoléon 10 1966 September 16, 2015 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72