Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I surfed the deep web
So I surfed the deep web
I didn't find anything too creepy or evil. I just installed tor browser in my ubuntu 15.10 and started browsing the hidden wiki. I know there's lots of creepy stories about the deep web, but mostly you can avoid trouble by not clicking links you don't know (or are otherwise suggestive of illegal content).

I found some interesting foruns, articles about free speech, against government violations of privacy.. I stumbled accross an article on how to make a bomb, and I found silly websites like one about random cat facts. I discovered some people are so paranoid about espionage that they exclusively use Tor browser even when surfing the surface internet.

I know there's probably lots of horrible websites that are not accessible even trough the hidden wiki's main page, lots of it with illegal content, but as long as you don't search for it, you won't find it.

A lot of websites are down constantly due to the lack of stability of its servers.

I haven't looked at the darknet markets either.

If you have any experiences with the deep web, please share.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: So I surfed the deep web
I use tor from time to time as a sort of proxy to get past the damn filters at office. I tried to find some conspiracy forums a few times but didn't find anything too interesting, plus I couldn't be bothered to remember those weird random alphanumeric domain names anyway, so in the end I gave up.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(February 4, 2016 at 4:40 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: I use tor from time to time as a sort of proxy to get past the damn filters at office. I tried to find some conspiracy forums a few times but didn't find anything too interesting, plus I couldn't be bothered to remember those weird random alphanumeric domain names anyway, so in the end I gave up.

If you want to get into conspirational stuff, go to reddit's r/conspiracy. You are guaranteed to have a huge mind blown (not necessarily for good reasons).

I also found 8chan, apparently it was a sibling of 4chan that was banned because of the fact it promotes extreme free speech to the extent people can chat about illegal activities - I.E. I saw some groups in 8chan that seemed to be about paedophilia but I didn't click on them.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

All the questionable crap on the darkweb is behind layers of encryption. Not to mention red doors just stay the hell away from those.
Also careful on the deep web it's very.. insecure i wouldn't go on it exposing my home IP i would be using a VPN or a very good proxy.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(February 4, 2016 at 4:50 pm)dyresand Wrote: Also careful on the deep web it's very.. insecure i wouldn't go on it exposing my home IP i would be using a VPN or a very good proxy.

Given that you access the Dark Web via TOR, your home IP is never exposed to any of the sites on the Dark Web. Effectively the connection goes like this:

Your PC -> TOR Node 1 -> TOR Node 2 -> TOR Node 3 -> Website

TOR Node 1 can see your IP address and the content of your request (if you don't use HTTPS).
TOR Node 2 cannot see anything (neither your IP address or the content of your request, even if you aren't using HTTPS)
TOR Node 3 cannot see your IP address, but can see the content of your request (if you don't use HTTPS)
Website can see the content of your request, but not your IP address.
Can you buy slaves on the dark web?
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 4, 2016 at 5:25 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Can you buy slaves on the dark web?

Even if I could, I prefer to buy my slaves face-to-face meeting, and I prefer to test the merchandise physically.

(February 4, 2016 at 5:31 pm)Dystopia Wrote:
(February 4, 2016 at 5:25 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Can you buy slaves on the dark web?

Even if I could, I prefer to buy my slaves face-to-face meeting, and I prefer to test the merchandise physically.

Oh, definitely.  But you have to get in contact with the seller, first.
Dying to live, living to die.

Uh.... yes.....
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

I'm free. Hell, I'd probably pay you.

No dark web required.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mid-late 2000's internet was the best time for the web. Mechaghostman2 6 808 June 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
Bug Is your personal web site malicious? JohnMBauer 8 691 May 24, 2020 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Succubus#2
  Deep Down I Wish I Could Just Hug You Fuckers Edwardo Piet 25 2780 October 18, 2017 at 1:33 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Four Hits Deep wizardofthevoid 6 1411 November 11, 2015 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: wizardofthevoid
  Search the web by image, not description or metadata for the image. Anomalocaris 9 1711 October 24, 2014 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Any great web coders out there? Tiberius 0 862 July 28, 2011 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
Sad In knee deep KawaiiKoneko 23 5980 April 13, 2010 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: KawaiiKoneko
  BBC: Microsoft in web photo racism row Kyuuketsuki 48 14750 August 29, 2009 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: bozo
  PC Advisor: 30% of Brits surf the mobile web while on the loo Kyuuketsuki 20 11710 May 22, 2009 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet