Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Does God Need A Creator?
Why Does God Need A Creator?
He isn't bound by the same laws of existence that he himself dictated, why is it necessary for him to have had a creator? (for those who use this argument)
RE: Why Does God Need A Creator?
Why does the universe need a creator?
(February 16, 2013 at 6:26 pm)chasingthetruth Wrote: He isn't bound by the same laws of existence that he himself dictated, why is it necessary for him to have had a creator? (for those who use this argument)

The argument is not ours, it is yours. You claim that everything that exists needs a cause, right? Then you break your own rule for your god.

Then you create some special attributes for your god that you attempt to hide him with, so he doesn't have to adhere to your other rules.

Then to make it worse, you are attempting to explain something as complex and mysterious as the universe with something even more complex and mysterious. Andthat thing you claim does not need a creator. How convenient.

All your 'explanation' does is sweep the real question under the rug. You might as well say the universe exists because of 'magic'. Magic has the same explanatory power as 'god did it'.

You are asserting and presupposing a god exists. You have to provide demonstrable evidence and reasoned argument for that assertion before any attributes for this god can be ascertained.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
If god doesn't need a creator then it could also be said that the Universe was always there.
Hell for all we know there are multiple universes. 0.o
Multiple universes are a non-issue seeing as if God existed he could create all those as well.
(February 16, 2013 at 6:26 pm)chasingthetruth Wrote: He isn't bound by the same laws of existence that he himself dictated, why is it necessary for him to have had a creator? (for those who use this argument)

Congratulations, that's a great way to avoid having to produce any worthwhile argument for the origin of our universe, or having to support your claims in any way.

It's called special pleading: you're claiming everything needs a cause, and then immediately discarding that rule when it might hurt your argument. The other great thing about it is that you've failed to provide so much as a single shred of evidence that your claim is true, you've just asserted it. This is kindergarten level stuff, here; it offers no answers while completely shutting down any kind of conversation that may have come about.

If you want to use it as the end of your argument, then fine. But don't be surprised when nobody takes it seriously.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Hey, he's YOUR fictional sky-daddy. You can give him any super powers you like.

Just don't expect rational people to take your word for it.

When you have some evidence that your god...or any god...exists, kindly bring it for discussion.

I will not hold my breath waiting for you.
(February 16, 2013 at 6:26 pm)chasingthetruth Wrote: He isn't bound by the same laws of existence that he himself dictated,

Dictators seldom follow the laws they set for those they would rule. History is full of such. There is a reason why they are often considered criminals.
Does anyone see all the irony in the fact that the OP's author has chosen the name "Chasing the Truth" ???

Thinking
[Image: Evolution.png]

Perhaps he is chasing the truth away..?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do psychologists need religion? Interaktive 17 1507 May 16, 2021 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Does some people need God? purplepurpose 29 3100 January 17, 2021 at 9:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Arguments Against Creator God GrandizerII 77 19033 November 16, 2019 at 9:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Response to Darkmatter2525 ""Why Does Anything Matter?" Eik0932 23 2864 September 26, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14442 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Why science and religious fatih need not be in conflict: It's as easy as 1-2-3! Whateverist 123 37195 May 15, 2017 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Does the World Need Religion? phoenix31 85 10180 February 7, 2017 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Proof Of Creator (Miracles) z7z 1 1546 March 24, 2016 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  No need for a god. hilary 9 3082 August 14, 2015 at 3:41 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Has Science done away with a need for God? Kingpin 152 24775 August 4, 2015 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: ComradeMeow