Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook pays NO income taxes
Facebook pays NO income taxes
and then gets a $429 million refund.

Damn. I cant even begin to tell you how much this pisses me off.

Facebook pays no taxes
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
RE: Facebook pays NO income taxes
Where are facebook headquaters seated actualy?

I have this idea that if a company or individual refuses to pay taxes, the pavement should be ripped of the roads arround his/her/their house/compund, police should no longer respond to calls, neighter should fire departments or medics, if a murder occurs law isnt inforced through a court and the army should no longer have the obligation to protect that terretory.

I think if people face the worst possible consequences for their actions they might learn.
Tax loopholes...the telltale sign of corporatism.

(February 18, 2013 at 11:08 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: I have this idea that if a company or individual refuses to pay taxes, the pavement should be ripped of the roads arround his/her/their house/compund, police should no longer respond to calls, neighter should fire departments or medics, if a murder occurs law isnt inforced through a court and the army should no longer have the obligation to protect that terretory.

I think if people face the worst possible consequences for their actions they might learn.
Whilst I agree with your attitude, I think some of the examples you gave are silly.

Ripping up pavements would cost the taxpayer yet more money.

Police not responding to calls would result in a "free-for-all" area of crime, where innocent people could get punished as a result. I'm thinking about Facebook employees who do pay taxes, etc. Same goes for "law isn't enforced if a murder occurs".

Removing protection from fire endangers other people. If I don't pay taxes, but my house catches fire, it endangers the houses and people around it. Why should other people be put at risk?

Surely rather than just remove these services, it would be easier to enforce tax law? Close the loopholes; prosecute / fine people who don't pay the correct amount. Simple.
(February 18, 2013 at 11:09 am)Tiberius Wrote: Whilst I agree with your attitude, I think some of the examples you gave are silly. Ripping up pavements would cost the taxpayer yet more money.

A streets pavement is ruined after one year and constantly has to be repaved, if you took my statement word for word then it`s your own fault since I was clearly being sarcastic.

Quote:Police not responding to calls would result in a "free-for-all" area of crime, where innocent people could get punished as a result. I'm thinking about Facebook employees who do pay taxes, etc. Same goes for "law isn't enforced if a murder occurs".

sarcasm not understood again

Quote:Removing protection from fire endangers other people. If I don't pay taxes, but my house catches fire, it endangers the houses and people around it. Why should other people be put at risk?

sarcasm not understood again

Quote:Surely rather than just remove these services, it would be easier to enforce tax law? Close the loopholes; prosecute / fine people who don't pay the correct amount. Simple.

Why not? Sure it is required to reform taxcodes to make them more resistant to crime.
But why not punish people who would happily take goverment provided services by denying them these services.
After all, they would be aware of those consequences since they underfunded these very services themselves
Quote:“The employees cash in stock options, and at that point there is tax deduction for the company,” Robert McIntyre of watchdog group Citizens for Tax Justice told Fox News during an interview. “Because even though it doesn’t cost Facebook a nickel, the government treats it as wages and they get a deduction for it. And usually it doesn’t wipe out companies whole tax bill, although many companies get big breaks from it.”
Note the bolded part. It's taxable income to the employees. The highest individual rate in 2012 was the same as the highest corporate rate. Some amount might have been lost because you had more people stepping through the brackets, but basically, tax was paid.
(February 18, 2013 at 11:08 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: Where are facebook headquaters seated actualy?

I have this idea that if a company or individual refuses to pay taxes, the pavement should be ripped of the roads arround his/her/their house/compund, police should no longer respond to calls, neighter should fire departments or medics, if a murder occurs law isnt inforced through a court and the army should no longer have the obligation to protect that terretory.

You're one cool ass german.
(February 18, 2013 at 11:19 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: A streets pavement is ruined after one year and constantly has to be repaved, if you took my statement word for word then it`s your own fault since I was clearly being sarcastic.
Excuse me? How on earth was I supposed to know it was sarcasm? You didn't use emoticons, you didn't use the common "</sarcasm>" tag, and your post made no other attempts to let the reader know.

Quote:Why not? Sure it is required to reform taxcodes to make them more resistant to crime.
But why not punish people who would happily take goverment provided services by denying them these services.
After all, they would be aware of those consequences since they underfunded these very services themselves
Wait...WTF? You're complaining about me not understanding that you used sarcasm (despite it being completely NOT obvious you were using it), and then you respond to my point by repeating the same thing you've said. Am I to take it this is also sarcastic?!?
(February 18, 2013 at 11:03 am)Baalzebutt Wrote: and then gets a $429 million refund.

Facebook pays no taxes

Facebook shouldn't pay taxes it provides a service we all desperately need Wink Shades
(February 18, 2013 at 11:03 am)Baalzebutt Wrote: and then gets a $429 million refund.

Facebook pays no taxes

Fucking child's play compared to GE.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/general-e...d=13224558

Quote:For those unaccustomed to the loopholes and shelters of the corporate tax code, GE's success at avoiding taxes is nothing short of extraordinary. The company, led by Immelt, earned $14.2 billion in profits in 2010, but it paid not a penny in taxes because the bulk of those profits, some $9 billion, were offshore. In fact, GE got a $3.2 billion tax benefit.

But even that isn't enough for the libertarian fat-cat Koch Brothers and their sock puppets, like Herman Cain.

http://www.businessinsider.com/herman-ca...es-2011-10

Quote: Cain's various comments scorning the non rich and his links to wealthy plutocratic anti-populists like David and Charles Koch, billionaires who "bankroll right-leaning causes through their group Americans for Prosperity" Id. (The Koch-funded group would be more aptly named America Run for the Super-Rich, since it lobbies for the right's agenda of New Deal elimination and targeting of earned benefits of ordinary Americans through a campaign for zero taxation on capital, deregulation, militarization, and privatization .)

Facebook pays no taxes
Good for them, only idiots use facebook.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gas and Go smoke em if you got em. Taxes. Brian37 25 1839 October 12, 2021 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Universal basic income in the future Aegon 63 11525 September 24, 2019 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Anyone Else in America See Your Taxes Go Up? DeistPaladin 17 2371 April 12, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Taxes, freedom of information act... Brian37 21 1937 February 4, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Your friends on Facebook who are avid Trump supporters. How do you deal with them? NuclearEnergy 2 1047 June 2, 2017 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Universal Basic Income GrandizerII 84 22338 May 8, 2017 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Get ready to pay taxes to fund religious schools! Hurray! Aroura 8 1330 November 26, 2016 at 12:01 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Income Inequality and Left Wing Hypocricy Neo-Scholastic 17 3369 September 28, 2016 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down Stupid Stupid Facebook Cinjin 20 3587 December 10, 2015 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Cinjin
  Guns, and my most recent Facebook Post. Spooky 34 4843 December 6, 2015 at 2:25 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd