Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran bans buddha statues
Iran bans buddha statues
Iran has banned various western cultural things, such as the simpsons and other stuff.... When Iran banned Rock music, The Clash recorded "rock the casbah" in a response.
Considering how strained the releationship between Iran and the west is, the criminalisation of western culture comes as no suprise.

Now they made a first step in criminalising far eastern culture.
Raids were conducted in the past week in Teheran in which buddha statues were confiscated.
One could say that this is simply due to the sharia law in that country, which forbidds the promotion of any other religion than islam.

Yet I cant help but think that by doing this they are annoying some nations to the east of them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb...ha-statues
RE: Iran bans buddha statues

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
— H. L. Mencken

Governments that can't persuade by doing right by their people will often attempt to distract from this fact by trying to look like they're doing something.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Iran bans buddha statues
What was the iranian government's reaction to france and switzerlan's bans?

What a bunch of loonies they are, they'll cry foul whenever somebody does it to them, but they'll happily ban anything and everything everyone else cares about. Now, nobody should be banning anything, but these guys are impossible to take seriously, they are a joke.
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why superpower countries do not overthrow Islamic government of Iran? Anti.Enslave 18 414 April 23, 2024 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Exclamation Islamic Mafia Criminal Terrorists Gorups and insecurity in Iran AVMXF 22 2007 September 8, 2023 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: AVMXF
  [Serious] Does Trump deserve some credit if Iran... Jehanne 40 2526 October 2, 2022 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  NC Law Bans Protection for GLBT Comunities Rhondazvous 1 796 April 15, 2016 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Questions about Iran and Islam A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 12 1590 March 5, 2016 at 8:58 am
Last Post: A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c
  Switzerland bans burqas BrokenQuill92 24 4213 November 30, 2015 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Congress bans the CDC from doing study on gun violence TaraJo 95 14931 October 11, 2015 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
Thumbs Down North Carolina bans gay marriage AthiestAtheist 40 19658 April 3, 2014 at 3:22 am
Last Post: hadee41
Exclamation Hot news about Iran and Middle East! A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 8 2343 January 6, 2014 at 7:13 am
Last Post: A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c
  How is IRAN?? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 38 8791 January 3, 2014 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor