Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Discrimination against atheists should be illegal worldwide
Discrimination against atheists should be illegal worldwide
Since I heard there is TONS of discrimination against atheists in the US, I have posted the 1st amendmant, and also cause there are many laws in Europe and North America against religious extremism and acts of injustice.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

Originally, the First Amendment applied only to laws enacted by the Congress. However, starting with Gitlow v. New York, the Supreme Court has applied the First Amendment to each state. This was done through the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, by what is called the Incorporation Doctrine. The Court has also recognized a series of exceptions to provisions protecting the freedom of speech.
RE: Discrimination against atheists should be illegal worldwide
Yo? Anyone?
xXUKAFTTXx
Why do we have 3 copies of essentially the same thread?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Because he's a troll. He PM'd me asking for a Rep point, he's clearly a troll.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Genlock?
No bumping threads, motherfucker!
(March 3, 2013 at 8:08 pm)Aractus Wrote: Because he's a troll. He PM'd me asking for a Rep point, he's clearly a troll.

Well your an anal dick-rider who thinks atheism is a religion

"Anglicanist"
xXUKAFTTXx

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is it illegal to have multiple spouses? FrustratedFool 65 3486 September 23, 2023 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6730 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Illegal! chimp3 25 1658 April 11, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Illegal Immigration Lek 183 14092 February 15, 2019 at 3:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Illegal Immigrants RoadRunner79 149 18313 June 27, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  More stupid from Sessions: "gay people aren't protected from discrimination Foxaèr 10 4984 July 27, 2017 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Illegal Immigration Lek 8 1447 January 16, 2017 at 1:59 am
  "Hoodies should be illegal", sez party of "small government". Ryantology 17 5065 January 19, 2015 at 12:42 pm
  Make stupidity illegal bladevalant546 20 3490 August 28, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Solving Illegal Immigration: Labor Unions in Latin America! CristW 27 5814 July 26, 2014 at 8:14 am
Last Post: CristW