Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite hadiths and verses.
Favorite hadiths and verses.
I will post some of my favorite hadiths here.
Honesty is the sword of God on earth and in the heavens. (misbahal shariah)

What I understand by this, is that in the mind/soul, there is part of us that wants us to perceive ourselves and others honestly, and be true to our selves. It praises and condemns the soul in a honest manner. When we are honest to ourselves, we perceive ourselves in non-vain way. Our pride is not arrogant, our self-love in not selfish, it's a pure perception. . We also would want true justice, true morals, true praise. We also would be true to others as well.

When I wake up I thank my Lord and I thank my self
(misbahal shariah)

This was on the subject of being appreciative. I think thanking the Lord implies appreciating the life he has given you and opportunity, and I think it's also important to appreciate one's self. The good you do for yourself is important to appreciate. You should appreciate the good you have done for yourself as well for others. But combined with the hadith above, this should not be a vain praise, but a pure praise, an honest praise you feel about yourself.

I think the latter hadith, the thanking yourself, can help one overcome depression.

Appreciate yourself as you appreciate your parents and others. Smile

I will post more hadiths or verses hopefully.
RE: Favorite hadiths and verses.
I don't give a shit about any of it.
I've read the Qu'ran, which I found to be fairly uninteresting, haven't really read much in the way of Hadiths.

Welcome back by the way.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Never cared for Quoran, too much killing for a religion of peace.

Nice ideas, though.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(March 3, 2013 at 1:36 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Welcome back by the way.

Thanks. Smile

(March 3, 2013 at 1:36 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I've read the Qu'ran, which I found to be fairly uninteresting, haven't really read much in the way of Hadiths.

Quran is one man's view of wisdom (Mohammad's) while hadiths while it is supposed to be all from Mohammad originally, has all sorts of people contributing in reality.

Therefore I feel hadiths have more enriching wisdom then Quran.
"I heard Abu 'Abd Allah (A) say, 'A free human being is free in all circumstances. Should a misfortune befall him he bears it with patience (sabr). If calamities strike him, they don't shatter him. If taken captive and subdued; he turns hardship into ease, as was the case of Joseph, the truthful and trustworthy (may God's benedictions be upon him). His freedom saved him from harm, although he was enslaved, subdued, and imprisoned. The darkness of the pit, the dread and whatever befell him did him no harm, until God favoured him and made the insolent tyrant, who had been his master, his slave. Then God made him His apostle and through him was merciful to a people. In this way patience is followed by good. So be patient and reconcile yourself to patience in order to be rewarded: "

What I like about this hadith is that it put's a perspective of which a human can be dignified in every situation he faces. People can't take away your ability to chose who you are. And patience in the worse oppression is a choice we make to remain dignified.

I further like the perspective that "it did him no harm". We can look at from one perspective, and he was harmed, he was enslaved. We can look it from his long term soul perspective, and it wasn't harmed really. Even in that moment, he wasn't harmed despite being harmed in a different sense. Yusuf is Joseph though I don't know how similar the story is in Quran to the Bible.
Striking women
Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

Marrying captive slaves
Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those (captives and slaves) whom your right hands possess. Thus has Allah ordained for you. All others are lawful, provided you seek (them in marriage) with Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage) from your property, desiring chastity, not committing illegal sexual intercourse, so with those of whom you have enjoyed sexual relations, give them their Mahr as prescribed; but if after a Mahr is prescribed, you agree mutually (to give more), there is no sin on you. Surely, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.

Doing the impossible.
[So it was], until when Our command came and the oven overflowed, We said, "Load upon the ship of each [creature] two mates and your family, except those about whom the word has preceded, and [include] whoever has believed." But none had believed with him, except a few.

Scientifically vague information, It's funny to listen to muslims pretend to know for a fact what this verse means.
He is created of water pouring forth,

Emerging from between the backbone and the ribs
Cut off (from the wrist joint) the (right) hand of the thief, male or female, as a recompense for that which they committed, a punishment by way of example from Allah. And Allah is All-Powerful, All-Wise.

The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah , if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment.

This verse seems to imply slugs don't exist, and other living things that reproduce asexually
Glory to Allah, Who created in sexual pairs all things that the earth produces, as well as their own (human) kind and (other) things of which they have no knowledge.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

And those of your women who commit illegal sexual intercourse, take the evidence of four witnesses from amongst you against them; and if they testify, confine them (i.e. women) to houses until death comes to them or Allah ordains for them some (other) way.

Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Verily we have given you the Abundance (Al-Kawthar). Therefore connect to your Lord and sacrifice.

Al-Kawthar is suppose to be a name for a fountain in paradise. It is said who ever drinks of this fountain will never go thirsty again. The direct translation is however "The Abundance".

According to the Islamic mystics, the next world is a reflection of your life of works and the soul.

This is suppose to be what finally brings satisfaction to humans. Gives them tranquility.

Sacrifice meant sacrifice of the animal, but in Shiite hadiths, that was suppose to represent killing your lower self.

What I take from this now, is that, humans inside their minds or souls (depending on your world view), have something that is more valuable then all material gains. The material gains to satisfy the lower self don't ever bring peace.

As the fountain is suppose to a manifestation of the goodness of believers, I feel ultimately goodness and praise and honor, are more peaceful, and are worthy to sacrifice the animal lower self.

I've thought about this much, but I feel, if you don't sacrifice the animal lower self, you won't be satisfied and instead you will always be thirsty for more.

Instead if you seek fulfillment in a good heart and peace in honor, you can get fulfillment and satisfaction.

That was from Quran (Suratal Kawthar).
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:
"I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself. And if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me a hand's span, I draw near to him an arm's length. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed." (Related by al-Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi, and Ibn-Majah)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
"Shall I not tell you about the best of all deeds, one that is the most pure in the sight of your Lord, one that is of the highest order and is far better for you than spending gold and silver in the service of Allah and even better than meeting your enemies in the battlefield where you strike at their necks and they at yours?" The Companions replied, "Yes, O Messenger of Allah!" Then the Prophet, peace be upon him, replied, "The remembrance of Allah." (At-Tirmidhi)

Surah 40:39:
"Truly, the life of this world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the Hereafter that is the home that will remain forever."

Surah 18:45:
"And present to them the example of the life of this world: It is like the water which We send down from the sky, and the vegetation of the earth mingles with it, and becomes fresh and green. But (later) it becomes dry and broken pieces, which the winds scatter. And Allah has power over all things."

Surah 26:87-89:
"And let me not be in disgrace on the Day when men will be raised up; The Day when neither wealth nor sons will profit [anyone]; Except the one who comes to Allah with a sound heart."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20553 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Satanic verses Fake Messiah 79 2893 August 21, 2022 at 7:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  When was Sunni Islamic hadiths first translated to English Sweden83 1 581 December 4, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5699 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Hadiths sounds like each collection is making stuff up Krina 7 1938 November 20, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  I read through the 6 sunni hadiths now Sora0213 9 966 September 16, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Hadiths and deceivers. Mystic 50 4305 April 24, 2018 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  Mohammed: model citizen or barbarian? Ex-Muslim reads the Hadiths mralstoner 2 1597 October 23, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Some Cherry picked hadiths about how to treat wife. Mystic 16 6091 August 14, 2015 at 9:56 am
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  Dumbest verses in the Quran exMohammed 13 10366 September 2, 2014 at 1:43 am
Last Post: psychoslice