Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Cherry picked hadiths about how to treat wife.
mam Sadiq (as) quoting his father,stated: 'Whoever marries, must respect his wife

Bihar al-Anwar, vol 103, p 224.

The Prophet (SA) of Allah also stated:'None would respect women except the magnanimous ones, and none would insult them except the ignoble ones.' In addition, the Prophet (SA) of Allah stated:'Whoever insults his family, would lose happiness in his life'.

Mawa iz al-Adadiyyah, p 15

Hakeem Luqman a.s. stated: ' A sagacious man must act like a child when with his family, and leave his manly behavior  for when out of his house'.

Mahajjatal-Bayda, vol 2, p 54. 

Imam Ali(AS) stated: 'Cope with women under all circumstances and speak to them well;(and by doing so) it may make their actions correct'.

Biharal-Anwar, vol 103, p 223.

The Prophet(SA) also stated: 'I am astonished at a man who beats his wife, whereas it ishe himself, more than his wife, who deserves a beating. O people, do not beatyour women with sticks because such an act has Qisas (reprisal).

Biharal-Anwar, vol 103, p 249

"ImamAli (as) stated: 'Women are entrusted to men, and as such are not owners of their fortunes and misfortunes. They are with you like a trust of Allah; so do not hurt them and do not make (the life) difficult for them'.

Mustadrak,vol 2, p 551. 

The Prophet(SA) of Allah stated: 'O you (men)! How can any of you beat his wife and there-after embrace her'?"

Wasa.ilal-Shi'ah, vol 14, p 119. 

Last one is a bit off topic:

Imam Jafar as Sadiq a.s said: The majority of the people of the heavens will be women. Allah knows their weaknesses and will forgive them. 
Man La Yazher ul Faqih Third Edition Urdu pg 279 hadith 4628
RE: Some Cherry picked hadiths about how to treat wife.
Allah knows their weaknesses and forgives them? The hell he does. Sexist condescension much? Better kill off the religion and simply not treat women as lesser human beings. I certainly wasn't waiting for the permission of some ignorant medieval fucks for that.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 13, 2015 at 11:55 pm)Alex K Wrote: Allah knows their weaknesses and forgives them? The hell he does. Sexist condescension much? Better kill off the religion and simply not treat women as lesser human beings. I certainly wasn't waiting for the permission of some ignorant medieval fucks for that.
This might be allusion to the fact women could not stop men from injustices they committed as a society due to their weakness through out time but didn't intended the evil that men brought to the world.

Or it can be weakness allusion in the Quran:

يُرِيدُ اللّهُ أَن يُخَفِّفَ عَنكُمْ وَخُلِقَ الإِنسَانُ ضَعِيفًا
Allah desires that He should make light your burdens, and man (the human) is created weak
I think i can sum things up:

Don't be a cunt.
Is there a.....point....to this? ಠ_ಠ
Err....

Cherry picked is in the title?

So this is an admission that reading the books as a whole produces a very different result? Because it does. Even I know enough to see the Quran is possibly even more sexist than the bible.

We know how to treat our wives, we don't need advice from ancient goat fuckers.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The point is…?
I'm not sure if Mystic is amazed that some part of the Quran/hadiths isn't completely awful, or that he's trying to imply that the way we treat our wives is somehow dependent on those cherry picked verses.

I can confidently say that vast majority of people in history who have treated their wives very well will have been totally unaware of those verses.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Depends which hadiths you care to read (and interpret) surely..

"QADIYA, Iraq — In the moments before he raped the 12-year-old girl, the Islamic State fighter took the time to explain that what he was about to do was not a sin. Because the preteen girl practiced a religion other than Islam, the Quran not only gave him the right to rape her — it condoned and encouraged it, he insisted."

"He bound her hands and gagged her. Then he knelt beside the bed and prostrated himself in prayer before getting on top of her."

When it was over, he knelt to pray again, bookending the rape with acts of religious devotion.

“I kept telling him it hurts — please stop,” said the girl, whose body is so small an adult could circle her waist with two hands. “He told me that according to Islam he is allowed to rape an unbeliever. He said that by raping me, he is drawing closer to God,” she said in an interview alongside her family in a refugee camp here, to which she escaped after 11 months of captivity."

"A growing body of internal policy memos and theological discussions has established guidelines for slavery, including a lengthy how-to manual issued by the Islamic State Research and Fatwa Department just last month. Repeatedly, the ISIS leadership has emphasized a narrow and selective reading of the Quran and other religious rulings to not only justify violence, but also to elevate and celebrate each sexual assault as spiritually beneficial, even virtuous."

“Every time that he came to rape me, he would pray,” said F, a 15-year-old girl who was captured on the shoulder of Mount Sinjar one year ago and was sold to an Iraqi fighter in his 20s. Like some others interviewed by The New York Times, she wanted to be identified only by her first initial because of the shame associated with rape."

“He kept telling me this is ibadah,”she said, using a term from Islamic scripture meaning worship."

“He said that raping me is his prayer to God. I said to him, ‘What you’re doing to me is wrong, and it will not bring you closer to God.’ And he said, ‘No, it’s allowed. It’s halal,’ ” said the teenager, who escaped in April with the help of smugglers after being enslaved for nearly nine months."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/wor...0&referrer=

Scholars of Islamic theology disagree, however, on the proper interpretation of these verses, and on the divisive question of whether Islam actually sanctions slavery.

Many argue that slavery figures in Islamic scripture in much the same way that it figures in the Bible — as a reflection of the period in antiquity in which the religion was born.

“In the milieu in which the Quran arose, there was a widespread practice of men having sexual relationships with unfree women,” said Kecia Ali, an associate professor of religion at Boston University and the author of a book on slavery in early Islam. “It wasn’t a particular religious institution. It was just how people did things.”

Cole Bunzel, a scholar of Islamic theology at Princeton University, disagrees, pointing to the numerous references to the phrase “Those your right hand possesses” in the Quran, which for centuries has been interpreted to mean female slaves. He also points to the corpus of Islamic jurisprudence, which continues into the modern era and which he says includes detailed rules for the treatment of slaves.

“There is a great deal of scripture that sanctions slavery,” said Mr. Bunzel, the author of a research paper published by the Brookings Institution on the ideology of the Islamic State. “You can argue that it is no longer relevant and has fallen into abeyance. ISIS would argue that these institutions need to be revived, because that is what the Prophet and his companions did.”

The youngest, prettiest women and girls were bought in the first weeks after their capture. Others — especially older, married women — described how they were transported from location to location, spending months in the equivalent of human holding pens, until a prospective buyer bid on them.
(August 13, 2015 at 11:47 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:

...and nowhere in those (or any) hadiths is the instruction that men and women are equal and must be considered & treated equally. As Alex pointed out, even the phrasiology assumes the inferiority of women. So much for omnibenevolence.
Sum ergo sum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20552 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2071 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  When was Sunni Islamic hadiths first translated to English Sweden83 1 581 December 4, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hadiths sounds like each collection is making stuff up Krina 7 1935 November 20, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Don't report wife beaters : ( Saniu 10 728 September 19, 2018 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I read through the 6 sunni hadiths now Sora0213 9 966 September 16, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Hadiths and deceivers. Mystic 50 4305 April 24, 2018 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  Mohammed: model citizen or barbarian? Ex-Muslim reads the Hadiths mralstoner 2 1595 October 23, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pakistan Islam council proposes wife beating TubbyTubby 11 1809 June 1, 2016 at 4:03 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Muhammad's first wife was a successful businessperson but... ReptilianPeon 0 1312 August 12, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon