Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA's Rodman calls Un "Great Guy"
NBA's Rodman calls Un "Great Guy"
Does this make anyone else want to puke?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar...im-jong-un
RE: NBA's Rodman calls Un "Great Guy"
Like minds...
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Yea and Hitler was misunderstood too, he had a dog.
Dennis Rodman has never been accused of having good judgment, as far as I know.
Agreed. The few diplomatic trips some groups have made have not included sucking up to him. The intent of venues like this is to undermine his dictatorship and interject a wider view of the world to North Koreans. It wasn't that the Globe Trotters played there, it was that Rodman is a fucking idiot.
(March 4, 2013 at 12:25 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Agreed. The few diplomatic trips some groups have made have not included sucking up to him. The intent of venues like this is to undermine his dictatorship and interject a wider view of the world to North Koreans. It wasn't that the Globe Trotters played there, it was that Rodman is a fucking idiot.

No, the ultimate intent of any diplomatic venue should be to use the other guy to serve your own high level national interest, not to enlighten his subjects.

The high level national interest of the US is governed by the fact that China is the 800 lb gorilla, North Korea is the vicious little dachshund. The core of American strategy should be to steadily undermine Chinese power in West Pacific in order to retain our own allies and protect the benefits of our preeminant position, but do so in a way that is not so obnoxious to China that they would prioritize confrontation with the US above their own peace and economic growth.

Enlightening north korean nationals does not directly serve American strategy because it increases the chance of an outright military confrontation with China should kim regime collapse and China face the total loss of its influence in Korea.

On the other hand, presenting the US as a viable, if distant, alternative and counterweight to Chinese infleunce for Kim does serve American national interest because it would loosen Chinese influence over Korean penninsula but not threaten to end it, so it would weaken China without making China feel the need to retaliate.

BTW, during the opening moves to establish diplomatic and political relationships after a long period of hostility always involve a mixture of tentative and deniable feel good gestures, outright sucking up hidden from the press, barely disguised browbeating also hidden from the press, and boiler plate sloganeering in state banquets, in approximately that order, on both sides. The trick is often the people who actually do the slogans and the browbeating can't be suspected of doing the sucking up and tentative feel good. So you send different crews for each task.

When the US first tried to establish diplomatic relationships with China, we first sent a Ping pong team to do the feel good gesture, then Secretary of State Kissinger took a secret trip to China to suck personally up to Mao, then Former NATO supreme commander general Alexander Haige went to China to browbeat Mao's underlings, and finally Nixon himself went to China to toast mao in a state banquet while each of them reiterated him own respective ideologically correct slogans in front of assembled reporters, something like "long live Chairman Mao and may communism burn eternally in hell", followed by "best health to the President and may American imperialists die the death of a thousand cuts" etc. etc

From this flowed a defacto US China alliance that lasted to the end of the cold war and effectively froze Soviet Union out of East Asian affairs.
(March 4, 2013 at 9:57 am)Brian37 Wrote: Yea and Hitler was misunderstood too, he had a dog.

Hitler was a sensitive man.
Why is this news?
Cunt
Come on, one cant help but think that the audience members who are not part of the direct top line of the rulers, don't think while they are watching, "Man I wish I could get out of here". I understand there is more than one reason to do these things, but the exposure does help.

I bet if they didn't fear being interviewed many would call Un a fucking dick.
If i start praising North Korea in public, will I get famous?
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conversations with the big guy Angrboda 18 1529 December 2, 2021 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Is this the same guy? chimp3 8 694 May 31, 2021 at 12:33 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Some great news Apollo 11 1048 December 7, 2020 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Anyone remember this crock guy? Brian37 5 531 June 29, 2020 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Great (movie) Speeches onlinebiker 12 2130 September 6, 2019 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Maybe Vaping isn't a great idea. onlinebiker 9 1152 September 1, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  It's a great relief purplepurpose 20 3444 December 8, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Cod
  The Great AF Literary Masterpiece The Valkyrie 9 744 December 2, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Something Great Happened To Me Today... ReptilianPeon 2 998 October 2, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  PBS is great!! Jehanne 24 2345 September 12, 2018 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda