Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy faith healer
Crazy faith healer
There is a nutjob posting videos on youtube where "God" is miraculously using him to heal people of very serious ailments such as sore fingers, sore feet and little stomach pains, etc. I've watched a few of his videos and I think this guy has to be insane. In the link below there are various healings accompanied by "signs" from "God" such as Ghostbusters music, car horns, etc. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EerhSlpY8...Q&index=31
RE: Crazy faith healer
I do not know of one person that God has ever used to just heal, for the sake of continually healing people. The ablity to consistantly heal was a gift given to those in whom God gave authority to set up and maintain the church. Once the Chruch was established the gift was distrubted amongest the Chruch leadership at randoom intervals for one reason. So the person who was blessed by God did not have the authority to change the cannon of scripture in anyway. If you will look at the history of the Church and even before at the phrophets "powers of God" were only given to those in whom God used to change the direction of the Chruch/His people.

That is why he has put the power of Healing into a pill. It takes man's ablity to change the Church in the 'name of God.'
Quote:I think this guy has to be insane.

He's insane all the way to the bank. There are loads of morons out there who will gladly part with their cash to buy what this con artist is selling.

Xtianity breeds that kind of stupidity.
I only got through about half of that, because this guy's standard for what constitutes divine intervention is so incredibly low that just about anything could be construed as the work of his god. I mean these are about the shittiest examples of divine intervention, ever.

He's not insane. Just a fuckin' idiot.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 4, 2013 at 12:26 pm)sparky Wrote: There is a nutjob posting videos on youtube where "God" is miraculously using him to heal people of very serious ailments such as sore fingers, sore feet and little stomach pains, etc. I've watched a few of his videos and I think this guy has to be insane. In the link below there are various healings accompanied by "signs" from "God" such as Ghostbusters music, car horns, etc. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EerhSlpY8...Q&index=31

Faith healing?

More like a hand steroid cream, paracetamol, and athelete's foot cream.
xXUKAFTTXx
(March 4, 2013 at 1:08 pm)Drich Wrote: The ablity to consistantly heal was a gift given to those in whom God gave authority to set up and maintain the church. Once the Chruch was established the gift was distrubted amongest the Chruch leadership at randoom intervals for one reason.
What is this reason?
Could you please explain this point better? I couldn't follow well the connection between the gift of healing powers and its direction with the issue of changing scripture.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(March 4, 2013 at 1:08 pm)Drich Wrote: That is why he has put the power of Healing into a pill.

(Bolding mine.)

Didn't you know that pills aren't used anymore, because it's just too hard to ensure that they are homogeneous in content? That's why we have tablets, capsules etc. But silly me, if God put the 'healing' there, then it must work
[/pharmacist mode]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13149 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11461 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58444 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4453 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6192 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4375 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 23000 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 37843 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Yeah He's Crazy But In A Nice Way Minimalist 21 6272 July 2, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  What Happens When Religion Meets Crazy! Minimalist 4 949 August 30, 2016 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: vorlon13