Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"the homos, atheists and other... deviants who long ago turned their evil backs ..."
"the homos, atheists and other... deviants who long ago turned their evil backs ..."
Quote: "homos, atheists and other assorted deviants who long ago turned their evil backs on anything that's sacred."
This is a quote from an article produced by one of our regions very popular radio talk show hosts Walton and Johnson. The region is Louisiana and East Texas (I think it extends beyond there though).
If anyone wants to temporarily switch from bitching about religion on this forum and contact the talk show hosts like I did here: Quote: "Defending the faith so often leads to hypocrisy. Practice the integrity you say you have and you will get more respect". Here's the article, on the bottom is a place for responses. http://www.waltonandjohnson.com/showarch...6#comments
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: "the homos, atheists and othe
Apparently still too much inbreeding in the south.
RE: "the homos, atheists and othe
(March 7, 2013 at 1:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Apparently still too much inbreeding in the south.

That's how one keeps the lineage of good-old patriotic American values runnin'.
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
RE: "homos...
Either you got your quote wrong, or they took out the word "homos."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 7, 2013 at 1:32 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Either you got your quote wrong, or they took out the word "homos."

I could have sworn it said "homos" when I looked at the page a few hours ago. I might be mistaken, but...
YOUR TITLE IS TOO LONG!
I don't get people like the AFA. They complain when Jesus is depicted as a "revenge-seeking murderer" but most of their ranks are filled with war-hawks, NRA nuts and members of para-military groups.

Also, shorter titles would be nice, thanks.[/b]
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(March 7, 2013 at 2:38 pm)Darkstar Wrote:
(March 7, 2013 at 1:32 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Either you got your quote wrong, or they took out the word "homos."

I could have sworn it said "homos" when I looked at the page a few hours ago. I might be mistaken, but...

Yep, I just checked, they took it out. I'm laughing even harder now. I wish I had taken a screen shot of the original.
ROFLOL

I made a complaint about the comment, I guess they noticed. The word "Homo" had to go but it seems everything was perfectly ok to keep.

(March 7, 2013 at 1:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Apparently still too much inbreeding in the south.

I must remember to take precaution before reading your replies. I hate cleaning ice tea off my computer screen. Spit Coffee
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

;)
Good for you for gettin that bullshit taken down, Seriously. People need educated or somethin on what they can or can't say anymore. You can think it, but at least your unreality bigot brain waves aren't going to encroach on the rest of civilization.
Oh and yeah, if it's a post from Minn you best put all beverages down prior to readingBig Grin Or at least, that's what I've learned. the hard way. at night. with a cup of hot cocoa. in my pajama shorts.
Confusedhock:
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: ;)
(March 7, 2013 at 6:51 pm)missluckie26 Wrote: Good for you for gettin that bullshit taken down, Seriously. People need educated or somethin on what they can or can't say anymore. You can think it, but at least your unreality bigot brain waves aren't going to encroach on the rest of civilization.
Oh that's right!!!....the overly sensitive PC police are lurking about!!!
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
the homos, atheists and other assorted deviants who long ago turned their evil backs on anything that's sacre
Don't worry AT.

Plenty of people will defend your right to incite others to murder straight, Christian Doctors who happen to provide Abortion services to women in need.

I think they'll defend the right to accuse Gays of selling out the Reich... I mean USA as well.

Also, it's fine in Michelle Bachmann's district to bully GLBT students to suicide.

As long as that exists, what makes you think the PC police are coming for you?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5604 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9829 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Three months ago I would have been dead ... Gawdzilla Sama 21 1228 October 30, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Winning By a Landslide and other politicspeak onlinebiker 11 624 October 23, 2020 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Moral Obligation to Choose the Lesser Evil DeistPaladin 79 5706 September 25, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1040 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Naturally. Crooks Like Other Crooks Minimalist 0 159 October 16, 2018 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The west's other face WinterHold 24 2573 September 25, 2018 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Palestinian rock throwing, but isnt that against their religion? Kimbi 1 514 September 4, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1661 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda