Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three months ago I would have been dead ...
Three months ago I would have been dead ...
... if someone held a gun to my head and told me they would pull the trigger if I didn't get Obama's vice president's name right.
RE: Three months ago I would have been dead ...
Glad that didn’t happen.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 30, 2020 at 12:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Glad that didn’t happen.

Boru

You wouldn't heard a peep out of me if it did happen. Hehe
I could have easily come up with Joe, but would have had to think a minute to get to Biden.

And that's because of all the memes that went around with Obama and Biden in them.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

On the one hand, it is monstrously depressing that the Democratic Party couldn’t produce a younger one even when it settled for a nonentity.   On the other hand, it is even more depressing that when the alternative is an octogenarian nonentity, 40% of the country would still pick trump.
(October 30, 2020 at 1:16 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: On the one hand, it is monstrously depressing that the Democratic Party couldn’t produce a younger one even when it settled for a nonentity.   On the other hand, it is even more depressing that when the alternative is an octogenarian nonentity, 40% of the country would still pick trump.

You people really need to get over your issues with people who have some age on them.

Most also have experience and not all of us old folks are addled.

Kamala adds a younger perspective to the ticket anyway.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

"Vox populi, vox dei."

Translates to "If you guys make that shit up someone will claim it for their god."

Being a GI, for me anyway, meant being apolitical. Every two years I'd complete my absentee ballot by putting an X in "Democrat" and sending it back.

Then, in December of 2008 my brother, his wife, and Mom were sitting around watching the news and the talking head stated that we were officially in a recession. My "solid C student" brother rubbed his hands together and said "Obama's recession!!!" I mentally counted to three to allow his wife to speak up and then said "it takes three quarters of slow or no growth to make a recession." THEN the younger Mrs. in the room said "No politics." I nearly tossed her pudgy butt into the street.

I've been more careful about politics since then, but lord, it's so hard to not puke during the evening news, especially the last four years.
(October 30, 2020 at 1:16 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: On the one hand, it is monstrously depressing that the Democratic Party couldn’t produce a younger one even when it settled for a nonentity.   On the other hand, it is even more depressing that when the alternative is an octogenarian nonentity, 40% of the country would still pick trump.

No surprise that the party who gave us Micheal Dukakis and Hillary would come down to Bernie or Joe.  When we consider that President is a job no one should want and if you do, there's something wrong with you, it all makes sense.
Plus its another shot at a female president.
(October 30, 2020 at 1:20 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:

You people really need to get over your issues with people who have some age on them.

Most also have experience and not all of us old folks are addled.

Kamala adds a younger perspective to the ticket anyway.

I am not saying old folks are addled.   But they are certainly more likely to become addled in the nearer future.  It is not for no reason the republicans always pick very young bitches and bastards to corrupt the Supreme Court. 

Given the intrinsic advantage of the incumbent, and the fact that this is a country in which bias continue to run deep, black propaganda by the right wing has been the established dominant political force in the political landscape for 3 decades, and the Kampala’s sex and background makes her even more suspectible to the combination of bias and Black propaganda than Hilary had been,   The best chance of preventing a trumpism resurgence In 2024 is for Biden to be able to run again.    If a senile Biden chooses not to run, or is manifestly in decline and therefore unsuitable to run in 2024, realistically Kamala has little chance of running successfully and Being elected.    I think if you do not recognize this, then you do not really understand how deep Runs the problems of this Country.

So choosing a aged Biden and pairing him with Harris in my opinion makes it substantially more likely the Democrats will lose the White House in 2024 and trumpism will mount a resurgence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saudi Arabia had been sold :) WinterHold 4 1208 January 25, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fox has just been insulted YahwehIsTheWay 11 1067 November 27, 2018 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I've been thinking about racism, immigration, violence, murder and culture Shinri 6 702 October 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Jordan Should Have Been A Priest Instead of a Congressman Minimalist 1 419 July 11, 2018 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Article of impeachment has been filed NuclearEnergy 13 3164 July 12, 2017 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Idiot" Would Not Have Been My First Choice Minimalist 15 3922 July 10, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  They can have my c*ck when they pry it from my cold dead hand... Doubting Thomas 19 4238 March 14, 2017 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  If there would be a depression, what would Trump say if he ran for reelection? Jehanne 26 3185 February 27, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Fuck-Up Fatigue Setting In and Its Only Been A Month Minimalist 4 1317 February 14, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Average balance of power of all three branches. Brian37 7 1034 December 2, 2016 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Brian37