Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting into relationship advice...
Getting into relationship advice...
So let's say you like a person. What steps should you go through.

Should you try to be a friend first...then one day tell them you want to date? Or should you try to go for the date right away?

The problem with the first, is what if the person get's into relationship during that time (you missed the opportunity).

The problem with the other is that you rushing it it seems and it might make her shy away or scare her off.

I don't know....
RE: Getting into relationship advice...
Different people apparently have different methods in trying to get into a relationship; so do whatever feels right and best for yourself.
(March 10, 2013 at 6:03 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: So let's say you like a person. What steps should you go through.

Should you try to be a friend first...then one day tell them you want to date? Or should you try to go for the date right away?

The problem with the first, is what if the person get's into relationship during that time (you missed the opportunity).

The problem with the other is that you rushing it it seems and it might make her shy away or scare her off.

I don't know....

I'd say you become friends first, then the next step inbetween being friendly and going on a date is getting the phone number, then when you're calling her late at night and stuff you can open up topics easily, tell her about a place that has really good food or something and ask her to go there with you and you dont even have to call it a date but you can joke about it being a date.
And yes you can easily miss an opertunity, i once got a girls number then the next day she got a boyfriend, but i kept the number and we both have whatsapp, so a year later after getting her number i got talking to her again on whatsapp by that time she had dumped that boyfriend and i was free to meet up with her and have a good time

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

My last boyfriend and I were friends for 2 1/2 years before we started dating. I prefer it that way, but you do need to be careful in the friend zone. I say acknowledge your attraction to the person and ask them how they feel. Good luck Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting to Know the Forum. Disagreeable 0 268 January 23, 2022 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 1999 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Where do i discuss about getting fit ? Megabullshit 109 5374 May 19, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Advice about patience Macoleco 4 556 March 26, 2020 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Crossing into Canada EgoDeath 5 579 November 22, 2019 at 10:00 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2085 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6254 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1095 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Looking into femine hygiene; do you . . . vorlon13 89 15011 October 31, 2018 at 11:38 am
Last Post: SaStrike
  Getting ready for winter. onlinebiker 21 1643 October 26, 2018 at 11:47 am
Last Post: mlmooney89