Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Forest Through The Trees
The Forest Through The Trees
First, new to this forum, I'm going to assume I can post a link to a YouTube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C32K9w2eLVU

The young woman in the vid stresses that it is a popular misconception that Mormons believe that they get their own planet upon death. She seems amused that anyone would think Mormons would believe such a thing since planet ownership is absolute foolishness. But as I watched the video I could not help but think that the woman is giggling about the notion of planet ownership, meanwhile she is seemingly all for worshiping and building temples to a being that is undetectable and for whom not a shred of hard evidence exists. I was struck by the disconnect in her thinking.

By the way, I posted the same video in another website in their Atheism Folder and it was quickly removed for “denominational bashing”. I responded by saying that a person can demonstrate the flawed thinking in believing there is an invisible elf, but if that invisible elf is worshiped, it then becomes “denominational bashing”.

I have not been back to that website.
RE: The Forest Through The Trees
Some mormons either believe in that, or at least express a belief in it. It would be surprising to me if no mor-man or mor-woman got a giggle out of it. Its rare to find a faith in which everyone agrees on what is or is not ridiculous about the faith.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Atheists in America ok with cannibalism through consent Kaloomi 67 10934 June 23, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Let's create an eternal blissful life through science FreeAtheist 18 4797 October 12, 2015 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  One final attempt to try and get through to you guys JesusLover1 153 17604 March 1, 2014 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Mr. Moncrieff
  Christians please view this all the way through Manowar 0 959 February 27, 2014 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Manowar
  God heals through modern medicine? Ziploc Surprise 31 10386 March 17, 2012 at 11:37 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko