Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 2:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been attending Church?
I've been attending Church?
The town I live in (I moved here about, say, a year ago) has a fantastic congregational church. It's really very different from the Roman Catholic churches I'm used to. I wouldn't say I attend their masses religiously (ha, get it), but I've gone about twice in the past couple of months. The pastors are awesome dudes.

The name of the place is the Wantagh Memorial Congregational Church, and they're one of the largest supporters of same-sex marriage in the US. They're awesome people, and I always like to help them out with any of their charity events, funding them, etc.

Good people. You might recognize their signs (there's a couple that went viral on the web)

[Image: Wantagh-Church.jpg]

[Image: Social_Justice,_Wantagh_Church,_CNN.jpg]

[Image: Wantag_Memorial_Church_Sign.jpg]

And if you're wondering, I'm still very much atheist (in fact, I know three other guys who attend mass there who are still atheist).
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

RE: I've been attending Church?
Don't worry, you're not the only one who is involved in a christian group to help out with charity. I myself am involved with an allegedly non-religious/open-to-all-religions organization, but it is really heavy on the Jesus crap. Apart from that I think that they work for worthy goals, so I just tend to ignore that and focus on the good stuff. Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1242 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4156 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  My recent experience attending a Slovak Catholic church Mudhammam 3 1955 October 25, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Jesus should have been a king. Chad32 58 16846 May 19, 2014 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Have you ever been so offended? Losty 44 9686 April 11, 2014 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Another fictional "I've been to heaven" book Foxaèr 20 4536 October 28, 2013 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Church update:children's church k2490 15 10522 June 26, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Aaaaand I've Been Banned... FallentoReason 51 12687 October 31, 2012 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Brunitski
  Could it have been ... Satan? Epimethean 1 1508 February 11, 2012 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Loading Please Wait
  Homophobes. Your nipples prove that you could have been Gay. Greatest I am 33 12534 December 5, 2011 at 5:55 am
Last Post: tackattack