Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cool Things That Make You Happy
Cool Things That Make You Happy
We started "I hate," "I confess," and "gratitude" threads, but I'm all about spreading smiles if possible (because I find a lot of shit to grouse about during the day). So here you can share with everyone all the nerdy and not so nerdy things that made you smile and hopefully will make them smile too.

Basically I made this thread as an excuse to post this:

Morgan Freeman, in a CERN hard hat, inside the Large Hadron Collider

[Image: k-bigpic.png]

You know that when you clicked that link and read it, you read it in Morgan Freeman's voice.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Cool Things That Make You Happy
At the moment?

Soil, good clay soil, lots of worms and cow poo. And veggies! ummm can you tell it's Autumn here in Oz?
[Image: 484982_10151491731487460_140752963_n.jpg]

[Image: 224007_490992750965902_1460213874_n.jpg]
VOYAGER 1 STATUS UPDATE

Earlier today, March 20th, 2013, several news sources reported a “breaking news” story that scientists were saying that the Voyager 1 spacecraft had finally exited the Solar System.

Following these reports, Edward Stone, a scientist with the Voyager Project at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, released the following statement:

“It is the consensus of the Voyager science team that Voyager 1 has not yet left the solar system or reached interstellar space. In December 2012, the Voyager science team reported that Voyager 1 is within a new region called 'the magnetic highway' where energetic particles changed dramatically. A change in the direction of the magnetic field is the last critical indicator of reaching interstellar space and that change of direction has not yet been observed.”
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I wish I could have caught video of this, but hearing my boyfriend wandering around the apartment getting ready while whistling the theme for Indiana Jones was pretty smile-inducing.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Something cool that makes me happy? Bruce Campbell...
Cunt
This song.

It gives me the warm fuzzies.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
This is more cute than cool, but makes me really happy Heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Z8Ovdctbk
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Dachsunds!

[Image: D7612546_2932214_6139279]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Grumpy cat makes me happy.

[Image: qDM73h.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
People probably have seen it, but yeah, gotta love grumpy cat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INscMGmhmX4
Oh, now I know! Cool things that make me happy is when Orogenicman posts his wonderful photos of the universe!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 804 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Things You Miss Foxaèr 15 932 September 16, 2022 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  This is some cool stuff Tawna 12 1090 April 16, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Goodbye Cool World Disagreeable 15 954 January 30, 2022 at 11:56 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 516 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  There are some things you lose track of, & regret. Brian37 11 1173 June 22, 2021 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Hillbillyatheist
  Things you miss from your childhood. Brian37 23 1625 May 19, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Things you buy and never really use Theswordismyleopard 28 1885 September 1, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are you happy where you live? Macoleco 39 2931 August 22, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  10 things you didn’t know about Star Wars robvalue 3 862 March 20, 2019 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Yonadav