Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Cool World
Goodbye Cool World
Regardless of whether you are an atheist or not (if I, personally, had to pick as an ignostic I'd just say that I am an atheist, by the way. Doesn't mean I identify as one as it really does depend what we mean in my opinion. But I digress.): If you somehow gained access to complete certainly that you were about to go to the Heavens, in the most enjoyable way for you personally possible, for all eternity—what would be the very last optimistic thing that you would wish to say before you got on the Spaceship of Bliss? (Or before you climbed the Stairway to Heaven, road the back of the flying dinosaur into fantasy paradise or [fill in your own personal version of paradise here, secular or unsecular in its clichédness or absence thereof]).

My last personal statement and sentiment would be something akin to "Yippy Kai yay motherfuckers!":

Moderator Notice
Link removed due to 30/30 violation.

What would yours be? If anything? (Silence is also a statement, IMO).

"Yippy Kai Yay motherfuckers! Yippy Kai Yay motherfuckers! Yippy Kai Yay!" is, by the way, what I have yelled when I have been on a rollercoaster ride in the past.
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Epicurus Wrote:The greatest reward of righteousness is peace of mind.

Epicurus Wrote:Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get,

What is terrible is easy to endure
RE: Goodbye Cool World
I wouldn't say anything. I wouldn't have anything to say.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
"Yea, it's all the same", therefore continuing the existence that I understand. Not a big fan of wish fulfillment, paradise is over rated.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Great answers so far. Not all of us are exclaimers of their joy like I am sometimes. Joy is joy. However expressed.
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Don't worry about death;

(January 30, 2022 at 9:33 am)Lobster Lover Wrote: Great answers so far. Not all of us are exclaimers of their joy like I am sometimes. Joy is joy. However expressed.

What do you consider your joy, or what would deliver you joy?
(January 30, 2022 at 9:31 am)brewer Wrote: Not a big fan of wish fulfillment

Me neither. I'm very much a 'go with the flow' kind of guy.

Quote: paradise is over rated.

Definitely. Although, despite this, some actually pleasant version may possibly be being developed. What do you reckon to that and what are your thoughts on the feasibility of so-called 'transhumanism'?

However, my response, and question, here is only at best tangentially related to the topic I started here. So if you wish to discuss what I just said here in this post elsewhere then maybe we should continue it through DMs—or not.

If you so wish.

Don't worry about death;

(January 30, 2022 at 9:37 am)Lobster Lover Wrote:
(January 30, 2022 at 9:31 am)brewer Wrote: Not a big fan of wish fulfillment

Me neither. I'm very much a 'go with the flow' kind of guy.

Quote: paradise is over rated.

Definitely. Although, despite this, some actually pleasant version may possibly be being developed. What do you reckon to that and what are your thoughts on the feasibility of so-called 'transhumanism'?

However, my response, and question, here is only at best tangentially related to the topic I started here. So if you wish to discuss what I just said here in this post elsewhere then maybe we should continue it through DMs—or not.

If you so wish.

"pleasant version" is still a wish. There will always be 'things' that humans have to do to survive that will be considered by some/most as unpleasant.  What pleasant version do you think is being developed?

Transhumanism feels like more wish fulfillment. My impression is that you'd like something similar to Star Trek transhumanism, which will always be a fantasy.

Don't message me. Lets play this out in the open forum.
Sounds good.

Don't worry about death;

Something of a utopian future is already coming into view, of course, the fulfillment of that utopia is still a long way off. But it's coming.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(January 30, 2022 at 10:49 am)Ahriman Wrote: Something of a utopian future is already coming into view, of course, the fulfillment of that utopia is still a long way off. But it's coming.

Agreed 100%. As crazy at that sounds. Coming from a total atheist such as myself.

Don't worry about death;

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goodbye, Earth! Jehanne 5 539 June 30, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  This is some cool stuff Tawna 12 1090 April 16, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Goodbye folks. Porcupine 13 1017 July 27, 2020 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Goodbye! Mystic 24 2546 May 9, 2018 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  All the cool kids are making questionnaires, so what the actual, am I right? c172 8 1075 April 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Exclamation Goodbye Aractus 51 4192 November 12, 2016 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Saying goodbye simply... J a c k 30 2962 June 14, 2016 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Spirian
  Cool Christmas Toys! The Reality Salesman01 17 3890 November 25, 2013 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Saying goodbye to Pepper Jackalope 49 10770 October 3, 2013 at 11:54 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  For all our cool froods KichigaiNeko 3 908 May 25, 2013 at 3:23 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko