Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Bill Maher clip from last night
Another Bill Maher clip from last night
Here Tea Party assholes are questioned about cutting government spending. A fascinating glimpse into American stupidity.

http://rackjite.com/bill-maher-stupid-tea-party-people/
RE: Another Bill Maher clip from last night
"Cut everything that I don't use" was the attitude.

But they don't even know what they use! Or what to cut!

Harpity Darp Darp.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I like the signs like this one:
[Image: Tea-Party-Medicare-sign.jpg]
They amuse me. Where do these people think the checks come from? Santa Claus?
(March 23, 2013 at 1:30 pm)festive1 Wrote: I like the signs like this one:

Of course it comes from the mighty, flying Tea Pot Party man in the sky!
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
(March 23, 2013 at 1:30 pm)festive1 Wrote: I like the signs like this one:

Jesus.

(I told you they were assholes.)
Please, oh please, tell me this was a parody!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

No. This is an ongoing problem. Romney ran a whole campaign and the only thing he wanted to cut was "Sesame Street."

(Too many little black kids on it getting government handouts!")
On the "foreign aid" question which drives tea bagging asswipes up the wall.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-...d-programs

Quote:In poll after poll, Americans overwhelmingly say they believe that foreign aid makes up a larger portion of the federal budget than defense spending, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, or spending on roads and other infrastructure. In a November World Public Opinion poll, the average American believed that a whopping 25 percent of the federal budget goes to foreign aid. The average respondent also thought that the appropriate level of foreign aid would be about 10 percent of the budget — 10 times the current level.

Compared with our military and entitlement budgets, this is loose change. Since the 1970s, aid spending has hovered around 1 percent of the federal budget.

It is simply revolting that so many Americans could be utterly uninformed. No wonder we have a Moron Majority in the House of Representatives.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 361 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  TX social media censorship bill Fake Messiah 24 2215 September 14, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Crypto bill paulpablo 31 2731 August 19, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Az Lawmaker introduces scary bill. Brian37 40 3519 February 1, 2021 at 10:29 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anyone watch last night's debate? Brian37 9 862 September 30, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1096 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Equal pay for women's soccer or no Fed funding bill brewer 55 4856 August 4, 2019 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Farm Bill Food Fight The Grand Nudger 20 3615 May 15, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Bill Maher's take on #MeToo Brian37 22 4972 January 23, 2018 at 4:06 am
Last Post: shadow
  How Bad Is The Senate Tax Bill? Minimalist 41 6206 December 12, 2017 at 5:14 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb