Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music - another thing I've missed...
Music - another thing I've missed...
Well I don't know music. Haven't really listened to it aside from games and movies.

What are some good songs people recommend?
RE: Music - another thing I've missed...
It depends on what you like. I don't know what you would relate to. Most of what I listen to is by female singer/songwriters, but that may not appeal to you. I do also listen to punk rock, hard rock, and metal, but that may not be your cup of tea. It's angry and dark. That's how I like it. You might want something more serene. I don't know, what are you looking for?
Go to pandora.com. Start with the genre channels and discover what you like and don't like. Then create stations that align with what you enjoy.
What people like and what you like may be completely distinct things.
If you want what's hot off the press, tune into some pop radio station.
I like instrumentals, so I end up enjoying movie soundtracks... check out the Inception OST:

Some of my favorite artists/bands/composers:

Imogen Heap/Frou Frou

Joe Hisaishi

David Arkenstone

Streetlight Manifesto

The Offspring

Might be that nothing on my list is to your taste, but it's a start at least Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Harmony ftw!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
You could check out the playlist. http://atheistforums.org/thread-11623.html

I like a bit of almost everything at the moment.
I'm a Moody Blues fan so my all-time favorite is 'The Voice'. But I really like Radiohead and Portishead.
Researching the music in the movies and games you like will give you a better sense of direction. Thank goodness for the internet, where now all soundtracks are open for everyone to know.

Movies soundtracks provided me with the first "pop" songs I learned on the piano.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(April 4, 2013 at 12:59 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Movies soundtracks provided me with the first "pop" songs I learned on the piano.

Sounds familiar. To this day the most popular song I can play on the piano is 'Still Alive' from Portal Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big squarish dick-thing in Dune? Gawdzilla Sama 26 1533 January 10, 2024 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Great Missed Opportunities in Movies. Gawdzilla Sama 5 687 October 25, 2023 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Looking for country music singers similar to Alan Jackson rado84 5 614 July 31, 2023 at 10:27 am
Last Post: rado84
  Christian music you actually like? JairCrawford 31 2726 June 17, 2022 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  New Ahem Music Istvan 1 407 March 20, 2022 at 3:39 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New music, Old music Ahriman 79 6395 November 5, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Listening to music popeyespappy 35 3508 September 27, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  I did a thing. Sal 22 1223 May 6, 2021 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Music Composition FlatAssembler 1 251 May 22, 2020 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Carrie fans and country music. Brian37 13 1162 May 16, 2020 at 8:54 pm