Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Heretic Becomes a Businessman: The story of computer repair
The Heretic Becomes a Businessman: The story of computer repair
So I recently started my own computer repair, construction, and upgrade service. I am working with a friend who is the brains where I am the brawns. I do the actual work, he just tells me how to do it. I just got my first customer. Also if anyone is interested, my prices are really cheap since I'm trying to attract business. Big Grin
RE: The Heretic Becomes a Businessman: The story of computer repair
Brilliant CoH! Don't sell yourselves too short on cost mate and strive for quality.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Oh I'm selling myself short, definitely, but only for a while. Once I get more clients I'll raise the prices a bit to a more fitting but still cost-effective price. My main aim is to undercut, for example, Best Buy's Geek Squad, as well as local stores as well. I kind of take their overflow and work with them directly and for cheaper. And faster. Big Grin

My aim is to put half the money earned from this endeavor and put it into a savings account. Then, once I have enough money, and enough cash flow, I will lease out my own retail space for my computer repair business, to facilitate more business and also to hire additional employees to work with larger numbers of orders, if necessary.

This idea was originally inspired by a weed-induced frenzied need for success, wherein I realized I could work from home fixing computers quite easily. I put my first ad on craigslist a couple weeks ago. I gotta admit, when I get stoned, I come up with really good ideas. XD
Best of luck with it. We occasionally get those flyers on the door or doorstep, offering PC cleanup and repair. But I've been building, fixing, and managing PCs for about a quarter-century now. Don't really need their help. Smile
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(April 8, 2013 at 3:25 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Oh I'm selling myself short, definitely, but only for a while. Once I get more clients I'll raise the prices a bit to a more fitting but still cost-effective price. My main aim is to undercut, for example, Best Buy's Geek Squad, as well as local stores as well. I kind of take their overflow and work with them directly and for cheaper. And faster. Big Grin

My aim is to put half the money earned from this endeavor and put it into a savings account. Then, once I have enough money, and enough cash flow, I will lease out my own retail space for my computer repair business, to facilitate more business and also to hire additional employees to work with larger numbers of orders, if necessary.

This idea was originally inspired by a weed-induced frenzied need for success, wherein I realized I could work from home fixing computers quite easily. I put my first ad on craigslist a couple weeks ago. I gotta admit, when I get stoned, I come up with really good ideas. XD

Let me know if you need any business cards, flyers or anything like that. Even banners!

I have been running my own business for more than 5 years. Also, remember this: People expect to pay for what they get. They may say they want it cheap, but if it is cheap, they will question the quality of the work.

Best to keep moderate prices and give them the best service and product you can. You will build a good reputation for being a fair business man.

That said, I would love to help you out with a snappy business card and other printed materials. PM me if I can help you out.

And good luck!!!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple computer! zebo-the-fat 8 666 September 22, 2023 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Could we teach a computer to lie? Mechaghostman2 8 591 October 27, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ever feel like eating your computer? paulpablo 9 1116 October 9, 2016 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What computer do you have? paulpablo 67 11094 September 29, 2016 at 9:22 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Computer memory and storage dyresand 22 3210 June 29, 2016 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Any computer nerds here? Hard reboots abaris 37 7078 March 31, 2016 at 7:57 am
Last Post: rado84
  Time to build a new computer ... Aractus 34 6331 August 14, 2014 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Nine
  The Computer Thread wolf39us 45 10268 July 1, 2014 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Windows 8 automatic repair loop yoshirama 15 3723 January 30, 2014 at 12:02 am
Last Post: yoshirama
  Technology, video, phone & computer questions Angrboda 26 5642 January 1, 2014 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Angrboda