Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why i hate religion in general
why i hate religion in general
I mostly grew up in foster homes and on top of that got bipolar so was kinda hard. But eventually ended up with a christian family and they were pretty nice and loving. However my depression took a turn for the worse but they took me to church to feel better as well as took meds/therapy.

One thing that always confused me, maybe u guys can help clear it up - when good things happen, people who believe in God always give him the credit regardless of how hard they worked themselves. But when bad things happen, people always blame themselves regardless of how little control they had of the situation. it just blows my mind thinking of it.

During that time when bad things happened I would get mad at god, why whyyyy - but everyones like, its not gods fault! so i was like okay cool...but it kinda eventually made me hate god and turn away from christianity.

So am I the only one who feels like this? I've not seen anyone else who thinks like this.
RE: why i hate religion in general
Largely you'll find that the reason is that they are full of shit.

[Image: x6dJA.jpg]
RE: why i hate religion in general
Christians either blame themselves or think of it as God testing them to make them "better" Christians....it's the thought that nothing bad can happen without God allowing it first....Book of Job would be a good example I guess.

I've gotten mad at God....even this week...mainly for the city being fucking stupid in how it controls traffic, but I blamed it on God instead.

(April 9, 2013 at 9:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Largely you'll find that the reason is that they are full of shit.

[Image: x6dJA.jpg]

You do like breaking the irony meter, don't you?
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information I hate human race,civilization and people in groups. MountainsWinAgain 48 14258 March 25, 2020 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Macoleco
  Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad? WisdomOfTheTrees 27 3650 February 4, 2017 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why Do I hate creationists (theists in general) ScienceAf 92 14228 August 27, 2016 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Hate KUSA 47 7376 December 28, 2015 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why do people hate school shooters? MusicLovingAtheist 84 19054 November 24, 2014 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Elskidor
  The place of rage and hate Lemonvariable72 45 7932 November 20, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: Surgenator
  what do christians (and people in general) mean by "feeling empty inside"? Jextin 37 14744 April 20, 2013 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hate is Not the Opposite of Love Loading Please Wait 30 15270 September 23, 2011 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Frank Discussion on Hate tackattack 76 30969 October 17, 2010 at 3:20 am
Last Post: ChromodynamicGirl