Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I hate human race,civilization and people in groups.
Information 
I hate human race,civilization and people in groups.
I feel hate, disappointment and shame towards human race and society we live in. I'm ashamed to call myself human even if there are some accomplishments we achieved that are marvelous like electricity,houses,music(or what was once called music),...but this in comparison with stupidity of our race is unbelievable. We are still rambling in 21 century who "created" our world,we are an species which is at war with it's self,the stupidity of an average human being is terrifying to me,the things we are doing to our environment,the way society treats individuals it is unbelievable just the fact that most people are motivated by exchanging green paper just pisses me off,... I could go on and bitch till eternity.
But I like the company of friends or individuals but I despise everything that extends over and individualistic personality.I hate being surrounded by people who are stupid,people with who you can't have any philosophical debates,people who don't know shit about anything and they just look at their phone all day and somehow think they are the smartest piss of crap on this entire planet,... Anyway do any of you feel such feelings towards the human species,do you have any advice you could share with me,...?

Excuse my English and sorry if this is in the wrong sub but this has been bugging me for a while.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

-Douglas Adams
RE: I hate human race,civilization and people in groups.
We are capable of working together and tearing each other apart. We can be very creative, but also hate change. We are a social species, but there is a limit to the number of people we are capable of caring about. That's just the way we are.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Yes, I feel like this from time to time.
You need a holiday on a beach with a book. :-)
I wouldn't say I hate humanity, per se, but as a social species we are only as smart as the dumbest member of the group, on average. Individuals can be smart, but studies have shown that people, as a group, can be incredibly stupid and predictable - that's how marketing works, indeed that's how religion works. It is to be hoped that the average baseline of human stupidity can be raised, inch by painful inch, with every puncturing of ludicrous claims.

All that said, I am often saddened to belong to the same species as those who propogate idiocy and commit atrocity.

Apologies if this makes little sense, I'm typing from inside a bottle right now.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
You need to follow the "I fucking love science"group on Facebook...
Every week they post what science has accomplished during that week, which just keeps your faith in humanity at a nice level. Wink
Re: RE: I hate human race,civilization and people in groups.
(June 1, 2014 at 5:51 pm)MountainsWinAgain Wrote: most people are motivated by exchanging green paper just pisses me off

It's not the paper that people care about. It's what the paper will get them like food, house, car, beer, pussy, ect.
(June 1, 2014 at 6:23 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I wouldn't say I hate humanity, per se, but as a social species we are only as smart as the dumbest member of the group, on average. Individuals can be smart, but studies have shown that people, as a group, can be incredibly stupid and predictable - that's how marketing works, indeed that's how religion works. It is to be hoped that the average baseline of human stupidity can be raised, inch by painful inch, with every puncturing of ludicrous claims.

All that said, I am often saddened to belong to the same species as those who propogate idiocy and commit atrocity.

Apologies if this makes little sense, I'm typing from inside a bottle right now.

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

As much as people say that money can't buy love and such, it can still buy a lot of second best things.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 1, 2014 at 5:51 pm)MountainsWinAgain Wrote: I feel hate, disappointment and shame towards human race and society we live in. I'm ashamed to call myself human even if there are some accomplishments we achieved that are marvelous like electricity,houses,music(or what was once called music),...but this in comparison with stupidity of our race is unbelievable. We are still rambling in 21 century who "created" our world,we are an species which is at war with it's self,the stupidity of an average human being is terrifying to me,the things we are doing to our environment,the way society treats individuals it is unbelievable just the fact that most people are motivated by exchanging green paper just pisses me off,... I could go on and bitch till eternity.
But I like the company of friends or individuals but I despise everything that extends over and individualistic personality.I hate being surrounded by people who are stupid,people with who you can't have any philosophical debates,people who don't know shit about anything and they just look at their phone all day and somehow think they are the smartest piss of crap on this entire planet,... Anyway do any of you feel such feelings towards the human species,do you have any advice you could share with me,...?

Excuse my English and sorry if this is in the wrong sub but this has been bugging me for a while.

human race,civilization and people in groups fully reciprocate your sentiments, I am sure.
I can't think of a single moment in human history in which the overall picture was rosier than it is today.

We're dumb and violent and wasteful, but we've had to figure everything out on our own. If you take a group of children, place them in total isolation and make it so that they learn only what direct experience teaches them, what kind of result do you think you're going to get?

That's what humanity got, essentially. There was no guidebook or cheat codes or external help of any kind. That we've accomplished what we have is pretty astounding, and slowly. I think it was Hitchens who repeatedly described the drift away from superstition and religion as the human species growing out of its own adolescence. It's apt. Our species is still relatively very young and immature, but I does seem obvious to me that the overall trend is away from that.

And that's why I don't hate it, warts and all.
The important thing, Mountains, is that you've found a way to feel superior to everyone without having to put in much effort.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Machine Intelligence and Human Ethics BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1861 May 28, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Feral Children and the initial human state WinterHold 1 898 December 10, 2018 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Maketakunai
  Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad? WisdomOfTheTrees 27 3664 February 4, 2017 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why Do I hate creationists (theists in general) ScienceAf 92 14334 August 27, 2016 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Hate KUSA 47 7386 December 28, 2015 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  World War II vs continuation of human race noahide 70 11546 June 26, 2015 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Why do people hate school shooters? MusicLovingAtheist 84 19116 November 24, 2014 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Elskidor
  The place of rage and hate Lemonvariable72 45 7974 November 20, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: Surgenator
  Capitalism: The Foundation of Human Life and Morality Koolay 61 18471 August 6, 2013 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Brian37
  why i hate religion in general Jextin 2 1859 April 9, 2013 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Polaris