Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The place of rage and hate
The place of rage and hate
People say that out of these comes no good but only evil. As a example in the next town over there is a man that has been protesting since 1990, when his son died in police custody under suspicious circumstances. Finally after 24 years the provincial government is reopenning the case. Thinking about it is amazing how anger can drive through terror and desperation to amazing things. Anger in the hands of some brings justice whilst in others it brings slaughter.
People say the same of hate. Do not hate but love all. While a noble idea how should one love someone that oppresses women and thinks those of a different skin color are inferior? What of those who look at a gay couple and say they are a abomination? Or those that believe gods justice is metered out in a serial killers sexual fantasy, also called hell?
I suppose there I should steal the Christian axiom and say "Love the sinner not the sin." Anyhow I am by no means an authority, just thought I'd share some food for thought.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: The place of rage and hate
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

By this, I don't mean the external results of anger coming back to you. I mean if, in general, a person follows his animal instincts, he can expect all the joys (including the sense of power of a good rage), and all the shortcomings (including heart disease, exhaustion, stress, etc.) that come with them.

It's one thing to act toward a conclusive end-- even murdering someone if you think that person has brought sufficient harm to you or yours to merit it. But the emotion of anger really achieves little except making one punch harder or run faster for a few seconds. No value there except the thrill of an adrenaline rush, IMO.
*shrug* I experience both anger and hate at times. Anger doesn't last, hate does. There are people in this world (not many, but a few) I hate so much that I wouldn't stick at skinning them alive with a rusty file.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 12, 2014 at 5:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: *shrug* I experience both anger and hate at times. Anger doesn't last, hate does. There are people in this world (not many, but a few) I hate so much that I wouldn't stick at skinning them alive with a rusty file.

Boru

As much as I hate to admit it, there are people I hate that much, too.
Dying to live, living to die.
Anger is sometimes useful, hate almost always useless, in my opinion.

(November 12, 2014 at 8:53 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Anger is sometimes useful, hate almost always useless, in my opinion.

In my opinion no. Should i not hate those that seek to strip others of their rights?
Signifying nothing.
(November 12, 2014 at 9:53 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(November 12, 2014 at 8:53 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Anger is sometimes useful, hate almost always useless, in my opinion.

In my opinion no. Should i not hate those that seek to strip others of their rights?
It depends on what you mean by "should" and by "hate."

"Should" implies a goal. If your goal is to prevent those others from stripping others of their rights, then whether hate is useful depends on you. If you can sustain a high level of motivation without the soul-twisting suffering of deep hatred, that's probably better for you.

And somehow, I think that hating evil people is a concession to them-- they live in hate, and they've managed to draw you into their sick world. Better to act decisvely against them-- control them, contain them, or even kill them if absolutely necessary-- but without letting your own emotional state get poisoned.
(November 12, 2014 at 11:12 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(November 12, 2014 at 9:53 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: In my opinion no. Should i not hate those that seek to strip others of their rights?

"Should" implies a goal. If your goal is to prevent those others from stripping others of their rights, then whether hate is useful depends on you. If you can sustain a high level of motivation without the soul-twisting suffering of deep hatred, that's probably better for you.

And somehow, I think that hating evil people is a concession to them-- they live in hate, and they've managed to draw you into their sick world. Better to act decisvely against them-- control them, contain them, or even kill them if absolutely necessary-- but without letting your own emotional state get poisoned.

Evil people don't live in hate at all. Perhaps a sick twisted joy at destroying and feeling power over others. In fact I dare say evil people can be quite happy.
Signifying nothing.
(November 12, 2014 at 11:43 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Evil people don't live in hate at all. Perhaps a sick twisted joy at destroying and feeling power over others. In fact I dare say evil people can be quite happy.

I think hate means different things to you and me.
(November 12, 2014 at 11:12 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(November 12, 2014 at 9:53 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: In my opinion no. Should i not hate those that seek to strip others of their rights?

I love this. It's so true. They only people who are awful enough to be hated, do not deserve such a gift.

I think I am incapable of hating people. I've known some pretty awful people in my life. Some of my darkest most terrifying nightmares are actually just replays of actual horrors I suffered at the hands of human monsters. Yet, I cannot hate them. I just feel so sad for them. I think it must be a painful existence to live inside an evil mind. I don't envy them their darkness. I can't imagine they actually enjoy being that way.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information I hate human race,civilization and people in groups. MountainsWinAgain 48 14043 March 25, 2020 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Macoleco
  In support of the rage of man bennyboy 244 11162 April 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad? WisdomOfTheTrees 27 3543 February 4, 2017 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why Do I hate creationists (theists in general) ScienceAf 92 13954 August 27, 2016 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Hate KUSA 47 7279 December 28, 2015 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why do people hate school shooters? MusicLovingAtheist 84 18785 November 24, 2014 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Elskidor
  why i hate religion in general Jextin 2 1852 April 9, 2013 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Hate is Not the Opposite of Love Loading Please Wait 30 15239 September 23, 2011 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Rage and Outrage Edwardo Piet 29 10853 January 8, 2011 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Frank Discussion on Hate tackattack 76 30788 October 17, 2010 at 3:20 am
Last Post: ChromodynamicGirl