Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianforums.com
Christianforums.com
As I like to view both sides of a debate / argument and to familiarise myself with Christianity I thought what better place to start than our "opposing" forum (maybe not the right terminology)?

It's a strange place to go indeed! I hadn't realised how "mad for it" they actually are. Unfortunately, they seem to restrict people joining the forum if they are not Christian. Something I didnt find a shock.

There are some interesting threads on there though for those who want a look?

I'm currently reading one about a lady who is considering "turning atheist" and the arguments raised in defense of not doing so are, well childlike at best.....

"Don't just jump ship, keep bailing water. Know Jesus, trust Him, and let Him handle the storm. Pray, pray like you breathe. Pray like your life depended on it. Say "Here it is Lord, it's yours, the whole mess. I give it to you because I can't do it. I'm so weak Lord Jesus, make me a better person."

I am beginning to feel ever more sorry for those trapped in a religous based life. Sad

I can't argue with this though...

"Atheism isn't something you convert to or just become because you think it's easier. Atheism is a lack of belief in God. If you still believe there is a supreme being then you are not an atheist. It's not really a matter of wanting to be one. Besides that, being an atheist isn't an affirmation of being anything. If you are having troubles in your life or with your marriage I wouldn't advise 'trying to disbelieve' as a cure for your ills."
Correction. It would appear you can join if you are not a christian as I have done so.

The thing I like, is there is a small icon to denote your religious affiliation. The one they use for Atheists is a Brain Big Grin
Gods don't Kill People! People with Gods Kill People!!!!
RE: Christianforums.com
It would be interesting being "the enemy" instead of what I am here. This forum seems to be moderated pretty fairly and members jump each other's shit when they sense inconsistency which is good for shoring up flakey bits of thought. I might have to manifest over at those forums...

Rhizo
Quote:Unfortunately, they seem to restrict people joining the forum if they are not Christian.

Our very existence is a threat to them and their myopic world view. The only thing that a snot-spraying xtian preacher and a snot-spraying imam can agree on is that "atheists are bad." It makes sense. We threaten their livelihood and they have had a pretty good racket going for a long time.[/b]
Minimalist Wrote:Our very existence is a threat to them and their myopic world view.

I enjoyed your use of words in this post haha..And I do agree as well, mate.
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
You should know that your posts are heavily moderated before they are entered... Or at least they were when i last tried (Might have been a different Christianforums.___)
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
So they screen all messages and I reckon if it's "blasphemy" they probably just delete it? lol Sad.
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Their forum, their rules. If that is how they want to run it that is fine by me.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Indeed, although I found it a little unnerving (in particular because they had not mentioned it in the rules). That form of content moderation is similar to North Korea's and China's content moderation systems.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(September 8, 2009 at 2:00 pm)Saerules Wrote: Indeed, although I found it a little unnerving (in particular because they had not mentioned it in the rules). That form of content moderation is similar to North Korea's and China's content moderation systems.

Interesting comparism! Never thought of it that way until you mentioned it.
Are there fairy believing forums?
Lets look.
Ooh ooh Scientology forums.

They must be good for a laugh.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Experience at ChristianForums.com Cinjin 35 8743 March 26, 2014 at 2:38 am
Last Post: fr0d0