Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Carrier
Richard Carrier
with an hour long dissertation on why he thinks jesus is bullshit ( my words.)

RE: Richard Carrier
meh..
Don't listen, Drippy. Way too long and complicated for your limited attention span. Stick to your silly bible. Its about all you can handle.
(April 24, 2013 at 12:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Don't listen, Drippy. Way too long and complicated for your limited attention span. Stick to your silly bible. Its about all you can handle.

in 2000 years what absolute evidence will there be for anyone save a hand full of prominate world leaders?

I am sure this guy's arguement is based on the same idea that all who argue this arguement are bound to. He will have to attack the fact that the romans kept records, and from the secular pov the records kept, Christ is not mentioned in them... So rather than be truthful and say we do not have a complete record of that time. he will harp on the fact that of what we do have, anything that does mention Christ can be dismissed as 'religious nonsense' or he will continue to underline what great record keepers the romans were, but fail to mention 2/3's of what was projected to have been recorded has been lost to time, and what we have left are just incomplete one off fragments. (Meaning one of a kind not something that has been repeated or copied/no verification)
Not to mention I am sure he will omit the fact that the oldest most complete writting we have of that period is the bible. Rather he will have to focous on the pieced together fragments and projections one has avaiable to any of us 2000 years after the fact.

So again.. Meh..
Quote: Rather he will have to focous on the pieced together fragments and projections one has avaiable to any of us 2000 years after the fact.

-with which I have constructed an elaborate mythology filled to the brim with ghosts, goblins, and boogeymen that I insist is both a historically accurate document and instruction manual for how to live my life .....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
God should not need you to make excuses for him Drippy. Makes him seem far less godly.

You know, you clowns are always whining about context....until someone who actually understands the context of the first century comes along and then you claim you don't want it any more. "Context" does not mean that all your superstition based assumptions are true.
I love it when you gues default to red herrings to redirect the conversation. (It means you are circling the bowl like a turd before it is flushed) Just a reminder if you want to speak topically Minnie, we are discussing how your boy's arguement fails and how it mirrors every other fail arguement based on the avaiable 'facts' in the remaining roman record. Not biblical context.
Nice try, asshole, but it doesn't work. You claim your boy was the fucking SON OF GOD but no one alive at the time paid the slightest bit of attention to him.

He's as mythical as every other god every created by humanity and the sooner you accept that the sooner you'll stop being an asshole.
(April 24, 2013 at 10:01 am)Drich Wrote: meh..

Meh nothing. Your religion is just as much human concocted bullshit as any other. Not our fault you refuse to face that.

If you or any other myth lover of any other label had any lick of evidence for their god, any one of you could go to the patent office and win a Nobel Prize.

You merely like having a super hero. So what, so do Muslims and Jews and Hindus. Superstition is not new to humanity and was around before your cult was started.
(April 25, 2013 at 12:40 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Meh nothing. Your religion is just as much human concocted bullshit as any other. Not our fault you refuse to face that.
..and you have proof of that?? or are you speaking form a position of faith?

Quote:If you or any other myth lover of any other label had any lick of evidence for their god, any one of you could go to the patent office and win a Nobel Prize.
Jerkoff
Even in Christ's time when people were being healed and all of the major miricals were happening, people still found away to justify their current beliefs. No one really wants proof. They want to be made to believe either by force or to be able to manipulate and benfit from God somehow.

Christ Himself points this out in mt 11. That the places where the greatest miricals took place people were not inclined to believe. (Unless it happened to them. See the story of the man possed by legion, He was run out of that town before anything else could be done)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Dawkins and the God of the Old Testament Randy Carson 69 16862 October 8, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: orangedude
  Richard Carrier - The Romulus/Jesus Myth Connection Minimalist 0 4848 November 8, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Richard Carrier: Jesus Is A Dick Minimalist 1 2219 January 15, 2014 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Sword of Christ
  Richard Dawkins obliterates the 10 Commandments. Creed of Heresy 118 60661 June 24, 2013 at 9:02 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My chat with Richard Dawkins greneknight 97 37916 September 21, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Reforged
  Richard Carrier trashes Bart Ehrman's book on the Historical Jesus. Minimalist 37 23743 May 5, 2012 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Richard Carrier reviews Bart Ehrman’s new book popeyespappy 0 1253 April 21, 2012 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy