Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Bastards
Sick Bastards
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2013042...SB980.html

Quote:ANTIAGO, Chile (AP) - Chilean police on Thursday arrested four people accused of burning a baby alive in a ritual because the leader of the sect believed that the end of the world was near and that the child was the antichrist.

The 3-day-old baby was taken to a hill in the town of Colliguay near the Chilean port of Valparaiso on Nov. 21 and was thrown into a bonfire. The baby's mother, 25-year-old Natalia Guerra, had allegedly approved the sacrifice and was among those arrested.

Animals....in fact, animals would not do that.
RE: Sick Bastards
(April 25, 2013 at 10:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://apnews.excite.com/article/2013042...SB980.html

Quote:ANTIAGO, Chile (AP) - Chilean police on Thursday arrested four people accused of burning a baby alive in a ritual because the leader of the sect believed that the end of the world was near and that the child was the antichrist.

The 3-day-old baby was taken to a hill in the town of Colliguay near the Chilean port of Valparaiso on Nov. 21 and was thrown into a bonfire. The baby's mother, 25-year-old Natalia Guerra, had allegedly approved the sacrifice and was among those arrested.

Animals....in fact, animals would not do that.

Horrible People!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(April 25, 2013 at 10:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Animals....in fact, animals would not do that.

If they knew how to create a fire, they would. Animals do eat their young, after all.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Yes, but hardly for superstitious reasons.

As for the atrocity itself: I simply have no words.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Re: Sick Bastards
But religion isn't a threat to anyone, right?

That poor poor little baba :(
I bet the fuckers oppose abortion, too.
What kind of fucked up logic led to this decision? I cannot even fathom how this decision was reached. It is way too messed up.
(April 25, 2013 at 10:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I bet the fuckers oppose abortion, too.

Obvious. Abortion kind of ruins the three day old grilling experience.
I'm wondering if the police hadn't locked the fuckers up whether they'd have gone on thinking that this ritual thing actually worked. After all, the world didn't end (for them, anyway).

Until the next antichrist came along.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 25, 2013 at 11:08 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I'm wondering if the police hadn't locked the fuckers up whether they'd have gone on thinking that this ritual thing actually worked.

That's the scary part. If they believed that it worked, they have incentive to try again. If they believed that it didn't work, they might decide that they didn't do it right, and try again.

At the same time, the criminally insane can use religion as a tool for their horrific actions, but if they didn't I think they'd find some other way to rationalize their desire to murder babies.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10548 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones Rhondazvous 16 3273 May 17, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Are you sick of hearing about Jesus? Pizza 50 8694 July 21, 2015 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  sick of your threats Christianity! atheist04330 12 2004 July 13, 2014 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Sacrifices are sick! Contradiction Alert!!! catfish 137 53313 August 14, 2012 at 7:09 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Awww man this is just sick Welsh cake 20 8764 July 11, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Paul the Human