Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm sick and tired of Christianity
I'm sick and tired of Christianity
Everytime someone tells  me how great Christianity is or how I should practise it I wanna scream: "SHUT THE FUCK UP!  Banghead I don't know if there's any God and I don't see any evidence or clue for it, so I don't believe, which makes me an agnostic atheist. In fact I've seen evidence against the christian God. And if you imagine that a God exists for comfort, then you're not a real christian. A christian is a theist and a theist is someone who believes, not imagines a God. Even if you could've been considered christian, you're still a pussy. The truth is you're sheep, you do what you've been raised to do and what the other sheep do without asking questions. Religion makes you happy because it makes all around you happy. You're also scared of reality, the world can be a very cold place and you feel comfort in ignoring it. You say that Christianity is so moral. How about a little challenge? I challenge you to make a list of rules from the Bible that you follow and one with the ones you don't follow. I assure you that the second list will be big if not bigger than the other even if you're a fundamentalist. Atheism doesn't require any moral rules, so I don't have a code that I don't follow. I use logic and empathy to determine my moral code as many other atheists do, heck as you probably do. Stop telling me how to live my life to make yourself feel better. You might try to make me feel better too, but you're failing miserably."

That was a relief!  Smile
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: I'm sick and tired of Christianity
Feel better now?

Big Grin
Glad you could get that off your chest Heart
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Yeah, better. Sometimes, including now, I make posts to get the frustration out of my chest.

Charlie Chaplin
It's better than burning down a church or something.
I'd like to offer some advice, if I may.

If I remember correctly, you are fairly young - late teens? If so, you have your entire life ahead of you. Ask yourself if what they are saying will matter in 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days, 5 weeks or 5 years from now. If the answer to any of that is "no", then smile, be polite and go about your day. Remember - you are not required to attend every argument you are invited to.

Hope this helps. Heart
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(December 26, 2017 at 1:48 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote: Everytime someone tells  me how great Christianity is or how I should practise it I wanna scream: "SHUT THE FUCK UP!  Banghead  I don't know if there's any God and I don't see any evidence or clue for it, so I don't believe, which makes me an agnostic atheist. In fact I've seen evidence against the christian God. And if you imagine that a God exists for comfort, then you're not a real christian. A christian is a theist and a theist is someone who believes, not imagines a God. Even if you could've been considered christian, you're still a pussy. The truth is you're sheep, you do what you've been raised to do and what the other sheep do without asking questions. Religion makes you happy because it makes all around you happy. You're also scared of reality, the world can be a very cold place and you feel comfort in ignoring it. You say that Christianity is so moral. How about a little challenge? I challenge you to make a list of rules from the Bible that you follow and one with the ones you don't follow. I assure you that the second list will be big if not bigger than the other even if you're a fundamentalist. Atheism doesn't require any moral rules, so I don't have a code that I don't follow. I use logic and empathy to determine my moral code as many other atheists do, heck as you probably do. Stop telling me how to live my life to make yourself feel better. You might try to make me feel better too, but you're failing miserably."

That was a relief!  Smile

Christians are sheep but not in a way you see them. We do and are allowed to question it the way we grow. We follow God as the shepherd He is, he leads us in ways that are good for us (greener pastures), we receive greater knowledge of Him and our spiritual life (cool and peaceful waters). God leads us through the trials and tribulations of life (stormy seas) because we face the hard things in life and want His help. You think we're pussies, we will die for what we believe, would you die for your atheist life. Christianity is moral the people who are Christians are not always moral, we sin, this is why we have accepted Jesus as our savior, to lead us into His righteousness so that we can be counted as good before the Father. That list things is how the Jews lived under the law, we are not bound by counting our mistakes we are required to grow into the best we can be, flaws and all.
  As far as trying to get you to be a Christian or live by what we believe, that's on you, all we can do is give you examples by the way we live. Of coarse you will pick the worst Christians to make an argument on this point and that's okay because the Christians here know the influences of the life good Christians live. If you do not like the way we live then so be it but just keep it to yourself.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(December 26, 2017 at 4:46 pm)Godscreated Wrote:  Christians are sheep but not in a way you see them. We do and are allowed to question it the way we grow. We follow God as the shepherd He is, he leads us in ways that are good for us (greener pastures), we receive greater knowledge of Him and our spiritual life (cool and peaceful waters). God leads us through the trials and tribulations of life (stormy seas) because we face the hard things in life and want His help. You think we're pussies, we will die for what we believe, would you die for your atheist life. Christianity is moral the people who are Christians are not always moral, we sin, this is why we have accepted Jesus as our savior, to lead us into His righteousness so that we can be counted as good before the Father. That list things is how the Jews lived under the law, we are not bound by counting our mistakes we are required to grow into the best we can be, flaws and all.
  As far as trying to get you to be a Christian or live by what we believe, that's on you, all we can do is give you examples by the way we live. Of coarse you will pick the worst Christians to make an argument on this point and that's okay because the Christians here know the influences of the life good Christians live. If you do not like the way we live then so be it but just keep it to yourself.

GC

I said that the christians who practise religion out of comfort and not actual belief are pussies, because they're afraid of reality. If you really believe in a God you're not a pussy, you're something entirely else.
A question: how do you know that your religion is the right one?

Charlie Chaplin
Yeah, I'm a pussy. I'm not afraid to admit that I am often weak...

"Jesus loves me this I know
For the bible tells me so
little ones to Him belong;
They are weak
but He is strong.
OP, you would hope all Christians act like sheep. At least the world would be a better place. But what we have are Christians acting like wolves instead. Think right wingers and authoritarian parents.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4061 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11534 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 19872 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4564 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Christianity And Peace Der/die AtheistIn 12 2812 July 22, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Christianity and Suicide Der/die AtheistIn 186 39880 July 22, 2017 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Astonished
  I'm Tired of Xtian Shits With Their Silly Fairy Tales. Minimalist 2 1078 March 9, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Black people and christianity rado84 40 6994 February 1, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones Rhondazvous 16 3272 May 17, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The ignorance of science and the big bang in christianity dyresand 10 2257 May 1, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4