Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Argument Against God
Best Argument Against God
While I hate to give you guys ammunition, here is what I believe is the best argument against the existence of God.

1) God knows everything (omniscient).

2) Then God must also know what He knows.

3) If God knows what He knows, then He must also know that He knows about what He knows, etc.

Therefore either:

4) God's omiscience is an impossible infinite regress.

or

5) God doesn't know what He knows and is therefore not omniscient.
RE: Best Argument Against God
The best argument against God is that there isn't a good argument for God. Same goes for every other god there is. I shouldn't have to have an argument against every imaginary creature someone thinks up.
Cunt
The best argument against god is no god who would have himself thought of as existent, would have himself represented by the likes of theists.

ROFLOL
Whatever floats your boat. For me, it's the Problem of Evil.
Points for bringing up one I haven't heard before, Chad. It IS an interesting dilemma: How does God know he's omniscient? Because he's omniscient!

So you may have disproven an omniscient God, but an 'ultraniscient' God that knows whatever it wants to know that it is possible to know could still be possible. I regard theodic versions of God to have been successfully refuted. They are clearly just a pile of omnis that resulted from a long game of 'my God is better than yours!' that resulted in a concept of God with contradictory attributes. The theodic God is a married bachelor.

However, the God of deism (for instance) survives such criticism without a scratch.

I'm with frankiej. The best argument against any sort of god or God existing is that: One, all arguments for God rest on flawed premises or are fallacious. And two, you can't argue something into existence, so arguments alone won't do the job anyway.
ChadWooters Wrote:4) God's omiscience is an impossible infinite regress.

Where is the impossibility? I would have thought that "omniscience" would imply having knowledge of everything, which would include an infinite regress. If God really can't handle infinites, then perhaps his eternal existence now ironically becomes the nail in the coffin.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
As no one has yet to find a shred of irrefutable proof there is not a God, and as it is credible even logical, that we are still in a process of being created, why go against an unknown ?
God created "matrix" where souls control bodies and entertain God whit their play in this drama. God himself can manifest himself on earth for example and forget that he is God and stage unimaginable scenarios.
His like a MMO gamer, only on God level.

God at the same time knows everything and can manifest in avatar who doesn't know much.

Everything is possible at the same time.
(April 30, 2013 at 12:24 pm)goodnews Wrote: as it is credible even logical, that we are still in a process of being created, why go against an unknown ?

I think this is the best argument against an omnipotent-omnipresent deity.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 30, 2013 at 12:24 pm)goodnews Wrote: As no one has yet to find a shred of irrefutable proof there is not a God,

You do realize that the concept of god in unfalsifiable, right?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can God be objectively good despite criticism against Him/Her/It? Ahriman 80 6768 May 29, 2022 at 11:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How to destroy any argument for God Drich 46 5340 October 9, 2019 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  How To Support Any Argument For God BrianSoddingBoru4 0 502 August 26, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How To Easily Defend Any Argument For God BrianSoddingBoru4 5 770 August 22, 2019 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Very short argument for God (another clear proof) Mystic 123 23732 January 26, 2018 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Another argument for God. Mystic 52 9317 January 24, 2018 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: uncool
  What do you think of this argument for God? SuperSentient 140 19075 March 19, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  The Best Evidence For God and Against God The Joker 49 9652 November 22, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  The Ontological Argument for the Existence of God athrock 429 73952 March 14, 2016 at 2:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
  If someone says to me "consciousness, therefore god", what's the best way to respond? ReptilianPeon 56 7809 March 9, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: GUBU