Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Republicans Introduces Bill To Require Political Approval Of Scientific Papers
Republicans Introduces Bill To Require Political Approval Of Scientific Papers
Quote:Congressman Lamar Smith of Texas really does not understand science. Not scientific method, not scientific theories or laws, none of it. Which is why he submitted a bill draft titled the “High Quality Research Act” which would in effect add a politician into scientific studies.

The bill says that any research done using federal funds (which is the majority of research done in the United States) must have its results and finding approved by the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation of the Senate and the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology of the House of Representatives. If the findings are not agreed to, the research is taken from the researchers and disposed of by Congress as it sees fit.http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/05/02/...ic-papers/
There are no words to describe the level of Fail, I now have a head shaped hole in my desk.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Republicans Introduces Bill To Require Political Approval Of Scientific Papers
There are no words in the English vocabulary that can describe this tragedy.
RE: Republicans Introduces Bill To Require Political Approval Of Scientific Papers
Banging Head On Desk Oh for the love of, just, just no...

Surprise, surprise, he's a Texan.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Because it fails so much It deserve a whole new post for these.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
this is only about blocking climate change bills.....no big deal
(May 5, 2013 at 4:39 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Surprise, surprise, he's a Texan.

This is what happens when you keep putting religious shitballs in positions of power.
Odd, didn't Chairman Mao do the same thing when he was alive?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
[Image: 1334633885632.jpg]
Re: Republicans Introduces Bill To Require Political Approval Of Scientific Papers
These good ole republicans must missing the stone ages so much they wanna takes us back.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientific/objective purpose of human species, may be to replicate universes blue grey brain 6 1031 November 25, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: unfogged
  Intelligent Design as a scientific theory? SuperSentient 26 5991 March 26, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
Exclamation Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over? theBorg 26 4564 August 18, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Questioning Scientific Titans ScepticOrganism 19 3055 July 1, 2016 at 11:56 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Scientific Studies IATIA 9 1827 May 11, 2016 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  The scientific version of good and bad Detective L Ryuzaki 15 5088 August 31, 2015 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Scientific Adam and Eve Won2blv 52 14277 June 22, 2015 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Scientific arguments for eating Organic/non-GMO food? CapnAwesome 15 4146 June 10, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  This is the terrifying legacy house Republicans are leaving us with orogenicman 15 2819 November 21, 2014 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  Ohio's antiscience bill unimproved Dolorian 7 1731 September 9, 2014 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris