Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[insert clever thread title here]
[insert clever thread title here]
sup fellow non-believers, joined this forum to find like minded people on the subject of atheism, hailing from a small southern town i don't get to speak with very many atheists and when people here find out i'm an atheist they automatically think i'm a sack of shit and say i'm going to "hell", all i can say to that is Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.- Mark Twain
RE: [insert clever thread title here]
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hard to imagine anything more limiting than a "small southern town"...except maybe a "muslim town." I have to admit that those guys are even worse.

Welcome.
Welcome.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Howdy!
Welcome to the forums.

(May 14, 2013 at 12:14 pm)Captainhate Wrote: when people here find out i'm an atheist they automatically think i'm a sack of shit and say i'm going to "hell",

Are they the types who follow that with "I'm telling you this because I love you" or "and I'll be happy to send you there myself"?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Welcome aboard!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
I'm so sorry Cap'n Hate, but your avatar made me go "daaaaaaaaw!" :3
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome Enjoy the forums.
(May 14, 2013 at 12:33 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: I'm so sorry Cap'n Hate, but your avatar made me go "daaaaaaaaw!" :3
i hate you so much right now

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not sure what to title this, but hello Frostion 25 3379 June 8, 2014 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  My Generic Introduction Thread Title Shaggy 29 3981 January 23, 2014 at 12:50 am
Last Post: c172
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6614 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
Lightbulb Generic Thread Title. Also, hello! Tempus 25 7800 February 16, 2012 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  *insert something witty here* Alex 31 8601 February 24, 2010 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Insert appropriate synonym for hello here. Rob-C 7 2850 June 24, 2009 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki