Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure what to title this, but hello
Not sure what to title this, but hello
Hi everyone; i'm not really sure what to put here. Tongue I'm Frostion, I'm 15 years old, and I live in the US. I don't know that much about sciences such as evolution and physics, but I'm always trying to learn more. My hobbies include game design, programming, building electronics, and video games (Minecraft, Terraria, Torchlight II...). That's all I really have to say, and this looks like a really fun community.
RE: Not sure what to title this, but hello
game design, programming, building electronics...at 15?

daaaaymn, son!

welcome aboard, infidel!
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
Hello, Lad.

I have shirts older than you but WTH.
Greetings OP. May Jesus bless you!

This weekend, to celebrate buying and moving into a new house, we'll be drinking a Hoopers Port from 1984. Double your age...

Unfortunately, my port isn't very good at game design or programming. There is that.

Of course, I remember a time of dial phones, no computers (much less the internet) and tube amplifiers. We used to have to get a broom to shoo the pterodactyls off the front porch. Nosy bastards with a taste for puppies and kittens, they is.
(June 6, 2014 at 11:57 am)ThePinsir Wrote: game design, programming, building electronics...at 15?

daaaaymn, son!

welcome aboard, infidel!
Nothing too special. Just tiny arcade-style games that never get finished, and messing around with an Arduino.
Welcome, Frostion.

We have a lot of folk who are very well versed in the sciences so hopefully they might be able to point you in some directions if you're ever in a conversation about it Smile

Hope you stick around.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Welcome
Welcome Enjoy the forum.

I also add that you will need science to really be good at game design/programming. At the least, Math.
Welcome Frostion.

Enjoy the forum, soak up as much knowledge about science and math as you can. (Not solely from here, Cool Shades)

Hope you like it!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 6, 2014 at 11:56 am)Frostion Wrote: Hi everyone; i'm not really sure what to put here. Tongue I'm Frostion, I'm 15 years old, and I live in the US. I don't know that much about sciences such as evolution and physics, but I'm always trying to learn more. My hobbies include game design, programming, building electronics, and video games (Minecraft, Terraria, Torchlight II...). That's all I really have to say, and this looks like a really fun community.

15? Well based upon your interests and lack of god talk, I think at least society has so far not gotten you to drink the sky daddy cool aid. Sounds like you are of to a good start.

Now be a good heathen, barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

That or read Dawkins, and Harris and Hitchens and Victor Stenger.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  spiritual but not religious yogamaster 23 1827 April 1, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Not quite sure if I belong, but, hello Rayden_Greywolf 21 2542 November 4, 2017 at 8:20 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hi, I'm not new but here is another side to me. Whateverist 12 2280 May 2, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello everyone, I'm not new here! Alex K 18 3239 December 14, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sure, I want to be a Christ-like atheist. cosmowanderer 12 2240 September 2, 2015 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  My Generic Introduction Thread Title Shaggy 29 4023 January 23, 2014 at 12:50 am
Last Post: c172
  I am new to the forums, but not to wondering what the neighbors drank... ParCutz 35 6566 August 21, 2013 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ParCutz
  [insert clever thread title here] Captainhate 18 4923 May 19, 2013 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Tongue I'm new but not unfamiliar. 957Chatterton 34 10867 November 22, 2012 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: 957Chatterton
  I'm Not Sure Why I'm Here? discordianpope 19 7304 September 18, 2012 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: jonb