Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:39 pm

Poll: Does this prove God exitense?
This poll is closed.
Eels don't exist
28.57%
2 28.57%
Eels are just robots created by Thiests to prove God
42.86%
3 42.86%
A concidence (same like Evolution)
14.29%
1 14.29%
Who cares, I'm an Athiest
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intelligent Design, Proof V
Lightbulb 
Intelligent Design, Proof V
The existence of an external source of data

Eels

Their life cycle is amazing

Eels travel with the Gulf Stream across the ocean and, after one to three years, they recruit to coastal areas they migrate up rivers and streams, overcoming all sorts of natural challenges — sometimes by piling up their bodies by the tens of thousands to climb over obstacles — and they reach even the smallest of creeks.
They can move themselves over wet grass and dig through wet sand to reach upstream headwaters and ponds.

They make a journey of 6,000 km back to the same pond they were born!

Our concern is not about how they make it (it is unknown till now)
Whichever the method that they use, it will need external data about the location (and route) to take

This external source must be intelligent and have a purpose to send this data to eels

GOD
RE: Intelligent Design, Proof V
For fuck's sake, you're not even trying anymore.
The second option is just so beautiful...

* Violet wipes a tear from her eye.

Eels ARE just robots created by theists to prove the existence of GAD. Obviourfly.

(May 28, 2013 at 3:05 am)Ryantology Wrote: For fuck's sake, you're not even trying anymore.

Gurl: he trying so hard. You just don't know, man. You don't know what you're saying! Angry
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 28, 2013 at 3:05 am)Ryantology Wrote: For fuck's sake, you're not even trying anymore.

The difference between his trying and not trying would be?
(May 28, 2013 at 3:07 am)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: Eels ARE just robots created by theists to prove the existence of GAD. Obviourfly.

But, but.. Isn't that a manatee..?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(May 28, 2013 at 2:51 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: This external source must be intelligent and have a purpose to send this data to eels

GOD

Actually, the general theory is magnetism. Same with salmon and pigeons. Science!

I'm pleased to see you're consistent in your use of the argument from ignorance, "Scholar." Because that's what you've used here, yet again: "I can't imagine a natural means for the eels to plot their path to a given location, and therefore god." Actually, no: you need to demonstrate that it actually is god doing this, and that's something you can't possibly demonstrate.

But I'll give you a chance, "Scholar:" I just provided a peer reviewed scientific paper of the eel's magnetic guidance. Can you provide anything similar, to confirm the eel's theological pathfinding?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 28, 2013 at 3:07 am)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: The second option is just so beautiful...

* Violet Lilly Blossom wipes a tear from her eye.

Eels ARE just robots created by theists to prove the existence of GAD. Obviourfly.
You are the beautiful one!
Clap
(May 28, 2013 at 3:16 am)Chuck Wrote:

The difference between his trying and not trying would be?

Math.
(May 28, 2013 at 3:20 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(May 28, 2013 at 2:51 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: This external source must be intelligent and have a purpose to send this data to eels

GOD

Actually, the general theory is magnetism. Same with salmon and pigeons. Science!

I'm pleased to see you're consistent in your use of the argument from ignorance, "Scholar." Because that's what you've used here, yet again: "I can't imagine a natural means for the eels to plot their path to a given location, and therefore god." Actually, no: you need to demonstrate that it actually is god doing this, and that's something you can't possibly demonstrate.
Again this doesn't prove God
It is proving the must for an intelligent, external source of Data.

Quote:But I'll give you a chance, "Scholar:" I just provided a peer reviewed scientific paper of the eel's magnetic guidance. Can you provide anything similar, to confirm the eel's theological pathfinding?
Even if it is true, this demonstrate the means not the data
If you have a GPS, It is useless without updating the maps into it.

Claiming that you got the GPS by evolution is ridiculous enough
but claiming that the GPS is loaded with all maps is ............... INSANE.
(May 28, 2013 at 3:59 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: but claiming that the GPS is loaded with all maps is ............... INSANE.

I can only assume you lack the self-awareness to understand that is precisely the argument you're making, you just want to give your imaginary God credit for this phenomena instead of evolution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent Design Is Pseudoscience: Creationist Lies About Evolution Debunked CodeDNA 7 987 April 22, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  Blind evolution or intelligent design? ignoramus 12 1939 August 2, 2017 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why Do Otherwise Intelligent People Succomb to Religion? Rhondazvous 47 8267 October 25, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Directionality in evolution without intelligent guidance tantric 25 5107 January 22, 2015 at 6:19 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Intelligent Design: Irreducible Complexity? OfficerVajardian 49 12505 August 17, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Intelligent Design triumph! Mudhammam 2 1271 July 17, 2014 at 7:05 am
Last Post: FreeTony
  Intelligent Design, Proof VI - Instincts Muslim Scholar 57 22776 October 30, 2013 at 9:45 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  Intelligent Design, Proof IV Muslim Scholar 97 49562 June 19, 2013 at 7:44 pm
  Intelligent Design, Proof III Muslim Scholar 61 28474 May 29, 2013 at 3:14 am
  Question for Creationists/Design proponents. Rev. Rye 5 3044 April 25, 2013 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Zen Badger