Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blind evolution or intelligent design?
Blind evolution or intelligent design?
New 4th species of sunfish found. Just as ugly and non functional as the other 3! Poor things! Sometimes evolution's a bitch.
Theists, if this is God's intelligent design, then the old cod has gone senile with old age.

[Image: 1tc540.jpg]

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/techandsci...spartanntp

Quote:Sadly, since sunfish are fairly isolated creatures, you’re most likely to see one for yourself as it's ripped apart by seals along the California coast. It’s not clear whether seals (and sea lions) try and fail to eat the fish or if they just like to kill for sport, but the mammals seem to enjoy tearing sunfish fins off and then abandoning the body. Without their fins, the poor sunfish drift to the bottom of the ocean, alive but unable to swim back up. Helpless, they’re slowly eaten by other sea creatures. And so ends the life of the peaceful sunfish. Gone, but not forgotten.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Blind evolution or intelligent design?
Yikes, did not know that... those seals are college grade bullies
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

"Planet Earth" had video of orcas separating a grey whale from her calf. They killed the calf and ate the tongue, leaving the rest.
If the choice is between evolution and design, the correct answer is ALWAYS 'evolution'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 31, 2017 at 6:55 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If the choice is between evolution and design, the correct answer is ALWAYS 'evolution'.

Boru

"Creation" isn't even an option. It would be "evolution or something we don't know yet." And that "something" won't require magic.
I think we can all confidently say that the theory of evolution doesn't have or even need a competing theory.
It's only the theists demanding an equal alternative.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
If gawd is real - he has a nasty sense of humor. Look at these 12 things you'll wish you'd never seen under a microscope.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(July 31, 2017 at 6:55 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If the choice is between evolution and design, the correct answer is ALWAYS 'evolution'.

Boru

Too bad evolution has to own up to such embarrassing failures as creationists.
Worst case of hemorrhoids ever.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 31, 2017 at 7:05 am)ignoramus Wrote: I think we can all confidently say that the theory of evolution doesn't have or even need a competing theory.
It's only the theists demanding an equal alternative.

It provides predictions that are testable, like Tiktaalik, so the basic principles do, indeed, work. We might find a driving force some day that trumps "those fit to survive", but that's science. No magic required.

(July 31, 2017 at 7:29 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:

Boru

Too bad evolution has to own up to such embarrassing failures as creationists.

Anomalies, who cares. 

(See what I did there?  Blush )

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent Design Is Pseudoscience: Creationist Lies About Evolution Debunked CodeDNA 7 1016 April 22, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  Why Do Otherwise Intelligent People Succomb to Religion? Rhondazvous 47 8301 October 25, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Directionality in evolution without intelligent guidance tantric 25 5216 January 22, 2015 at 6:19 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Intelligent Design: Irreducible Complexity? OfficerVajardian 49 12588 August 17, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Intelligent Design triumph! Mudhammam 2 1273 July 17, 2014 at 7:05 am
Last Post: FreeTony
  Intelligent Design, Proof VI - Instincts Muslim Scholar 57 22849 October 30, 2013 at 9:45 am
Last Post: orogenicman
Lightbulb Intelligent Design, Proof V Muslim Scholar 75 44073 June 22, 2013 at 10:49 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Intelligent Design, Proof IV Muslim Scholar 97 49853 June 19, 2013 at 7:44 pm
  Intelligent Design, Proof III Muslim Scholar 61 28583 May 29, 2013 at 3:14 am
  Question for Creationists/Design proponents. Rev. Rye 5 3057 April 25, 2013 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Zen Badger