Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much is an external hard drive?
How much is an external hard drive?
I'd be very interested to learn how much it cost the US for a 1TB external hard drive

I ask because I bought one here this week ( Western Digital,"WDELEMENTS") and am interested in the price comparisons. I paid $149. (about $US120)

This is not just idle curiosity.My sister is an airline attendant,and is in LA once a week,so I'm trying to work out if it's worth while to ask her to get a few things for me..The cost of p&h (and duty) destroys the advantage of most things,so I tend no to buy much on line.
RE: How much is an external hard drive?
Newegg is a good place to go online for the best prices: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...d%20higher

But if you were to go to a store like Best Buy, this is what you're looking at:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?...cat0500000

I actually need to buy a new one at some point. The one I have now is only 250gb and it's only got like 27 gigs left. Between that and my laptop I have 500 gigs of space. I'm not using it all yet, but I will eventually. XD
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I have two external hard drives and both of them are Maxtors. Its a little pricer then some but its very reliable and durable. They last long too! Smile
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
I paid 92 euros for a WD Elements 1TB about 2 months ago, including P&P.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
1TB? Daammnnn 92 euros is a VERY good price! Got the website for that? Big Grin
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
http://www.opus.nl/default2.asp?l=eng
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Excellent site! Am considering making a purchase on the hard disk..
Thank you for replies.

My expectation for the life of the hard drive is 2 to 3 years. How close is that to reality considering the price??

@retorth:

Great price if you live within the EU.

If I bought it on line overseas:

P&H: around $40

Import duty 40% ($36.80)

92+36.80+40 =168.80

I paid: $149.

I'm trapped .Guess I'll need to wait until the next time I go to the UK and buy one in KL on the way.
Yeah thats true...P & H always kills...
Hi padraic,
If you want to know external hard drive then you should visit web sites such as ebay, wall mart. By visiting these sites, you will get the correct and afordable price of external hard drive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think historical accuracy matters much in modern entertainment Woah0 30 1710 September 20, 2022 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Woah0
  How much do you weigh? Foxaèr 39 2424 November 30, 2021 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1130 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The hard questions. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1219 January 5, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5971 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  How much electricity do your appliances use? Jehanne 4 490 April 17, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Find out how much your fellow forum members are getting screwed Catholic_Lady 68 7239 April 13, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Once again time for how much time you've spent here Foxaèr 23 2697 April 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1148 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  I'm organizing a donation drive for the unsheltered homeless in my area Jackalope 38 3524 February 17, 2018 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Jackalope