Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkish Spring Taksim Square
Turkish Spring Taksim Square
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/01/world/...d=all&_r=0

ISTANBUL — Police officers attacked a group of peaceful demonstrators on Friday in Istanbul’s Taksim Square with water cannons and tear gas, sending scores of people, protesters and tourists alike, scurrying into shops and luxury hotels and turning the center of this city into a battle zone at the height of tourist season.

http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com/

[Image: tumblr_mnnrfkm8u01ste7qoo1_1280.jpg]
RE: Turkish Spring Taksim Square
(May 31, 2013 at 6:04 pm)Koldaramor Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mnnrfkm8u01ste7qoo1_1280.jpg]

lol

That woman wearing a red dress in the background!
Considering that she is being pepersprayed into the face, she remains really calm.

Almoust looks like a hairspray add.
(May 31, 2013 at 6:07 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote:
(May 31, 2013 at 6:04 pm)Koldaramor Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mnnrfkm8u01ste7qoo1_1280.jpg]

lol

That woman wearing a red dress in the background!
Considering that she is being pepersprayed into the face, she remains really calm.

Almoust looks like a hairspray add.

Islamist Turkish government cannot tolerate this kind of modern women.
They are doing the mall instead of cutting down trees. changing the secular education system, bans the use of alcohol.

Islamist government remove the secular laws, instead of trying to put islamic laws.

[Image: 21591-taksim-eyleminin-yeni-fenomeni-siyahli-kadin.jpg]
Water cannoning female protestors eh...for some reason I don't think this is going to have they effect they hope it will.....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Don't they know that the koran calls for beating them with sticks? I'm sure it says nothing about pepper spray.
it started as a small protest over a city park being demolished now springboarded into this whole protest..... considering the arab spring started over the self immolation of a fruit vendor.... who couldn't get a business license..... and had his scales and cart confiscated by police...... this is enough to overthrow the dictator erdogan..... and hopefully can spread to Saudi Arabia.......... police have given up and riots are now starting

[Image: 130601091556-01-turkey-protests-0601-hor...allery.jpg]

Police Retreat as Protests Expand Through Turkey

Quote:By late afternoon, the police withdrew from Istanbul’s central Taksim Square, allowing the demonstrators to gather unimpeded in the place that set off the protests last week with government plans to turn a park into a replica Ottoman-era army barracks and mall. The departure of the police, who had been widely criticized for violent tactics on Friday, set off scenes of jubilation and destruction, as some drank and partied while others destroyed police vehicles and bulldozers.

While the protest began over plans to destroy a park, for many demonstrators it had moved beyond that to become a broad rebuke to the 10-year leadership of Mr. Erdogan and his government, which they say has adopted authoritarian tactics. Some saw the police pullback as a historic victory.

“It’s the first time in Turkey’s democratic history that an unplanned, peaceful protest movement succeeded in changing the government’s approach and policy,” said Sinan Ulgen, the chairman of the Center for Economic and Foreign Policy Studies, a research group in Istanbul. “It gave for the first time a strong sense of empowerment to ordinary citizens to demonstrate and further their belief that if they act like they did the last few days they can influence events in Turkey.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/02/world/....html?_r=0
(June 2, 2013 at 4:01 am)cratehorus Wrote: it started as a small protest over a city park being demolished now springboarded into this whole protest..... considering the arab spring started over the self immolation of a fruit vendor.... who couldn't get a business license..... and had his scales and cart confiscated by police...... this is enough to overthrow the dictator erdogan..... and hopefully can spread to Saudi Arabia.......... police have given up and riots are now starting
Police Retreat as Protests Expand Through Turkey
Quote:By late afternoon, the police withdrew from Istanbul’s central Taksim Square, allowing the demonstrators to gather unimpeded in the place that set off the protests last week with government plans to turn a park into a replica Ottoman-era army barracks and mall. The departure of the police, who had been widely criticized for violent tactics on Friday, set off scenes of jubilation and destruction, as some drank and partied while others destroyed police vehicles and bulldozers.

While the protest began over plans to destroy a park, for many demonstrators it had moved beyond that to become a broad rebuke to the 10-year leadership of Mr. Erdogan and his government, which they say has adopted authoritarian tactics. Some saw the police pullback as a historic victory.

“It’s the first time in Turkey’s democratic history that an unplanned, peaceful protest movement succeeded in changing the government’s approach and policy,” said Sinan Ulgen, the chairman of the Center for Economic and Foreign Policy Studies, a research group in Istanbul. “It gave for the first time a strong sense of empowerment to ordinary citizens to demonstrate and further their belief that if they act like they did the last few days they can influence events in Turkey.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/02/world/....html?_r=0

Totally peaceful act. There were those who read books. Teenagers playing the guitar.
Islamic fascist police to atacked 05 o'clock in the morning. There are people who are attacked with tear gas. Their burned tents and personal belongings.

[Image: 983876_589276247773085_78529614_n.jpg]

[Image: 969018_591496617550870_2007612470_n.jpg]

The police atacked 5 morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-zIstEJ3FI
Islamic police sprayed pepper gas pets.

[Image: kopege-biber-gazi-sikan-polis_454852.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai84-vkD0...r_embedded
Islamist paramilitary police to lynch people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQygwwVACRM
Erdogan's thugs are supplied with U.S. made police gear, which is not surprising given that his party is very pro-American and Western. This information has in turn to more protesters against his lead. And the American media is very happy to not to talk about it...

I wonder if we will ever learn that sending guns to other countries to further our agendas bites us in the ass time, and time, and time, and time again...
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing." - Macbeth

"Of the good in you I can speak, but not of the evil. For what is evil but good tortured by its own hunger and thirst?" - Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turkish General Election 2015 ReptilianPeon 4 1180 June 9, 2015 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  It’s More Communist Provocation than ‘Turkish Spring’ cratehorus 4 2446 June 12, 2013 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
Exclamation Turkish police run over protesters with a truck (Video) Big Blue Sky 3 1532 June 2, 2013 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Koldaramor
  the Arab Spring Bahraini 18 4230 August 1, 2012 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Cato
  Contraversial Turkish Schools Bill Tobie 19 8541 April 17, 2012 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Koldaramor
  Arab Spring - Egypt and the Muslim countries with the test hijab. Koldaramor 5 2794 April 14, 2012 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Now Who Would Have Guessed that the Arab Spring Minimalist 4 1154 December 4, 2011 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Might the Arab Spring be Spreading to Israel? Minimalist 1 1098 July 26, 2011 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Violet