Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creation museum
Creation museum
Dr. Jason lisle, an astrophysicist about 2.50 in the video, He says if an experiment disagrees with the word of God he goes with the word of God. He is a resident scientist of the creation museum, but apparently a real scientist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1xUiuZvUuw

Manowar
RE: Creation museum
No scientist worth his salt would disagree with the evidence. This man is a PHONY! A big fat PHONY!
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
(June 1, 2013 at 2:26 pm)Manowar Wrote: Dr. Jason lisle, an astrophysicist about 2.50 in the video, He says if an experiment disagrees with the word of God he goes with the word of God. He is a resident scientist of the creation museum, but apparently a real scientis

He actually is NOT a real scientist, because he is not doing science.

Science goes where the evidence leads. In science, the conclusions come from the evidence and they are always up for revision or being tossed out completely.

He already has his conclusion, and he looks for evidence that confirms it. Or more accurately, looks for evidence that can be spun or twisted into fitting his conclusion. All other evidence he ignores.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
What does a creationist astrophysicist to exactly? Aside from participate in interviews wherein he makes an ass of himself.
(June 2, 2013 at 2:12 am)Dena Wrote: What does a creationist astrophysicist to exactly? Aside from participate in interviews wherein he makes an ass of himself.

The evidence suggests that's pretty much it.
According to the Answers in Genesis website he received in PhD from the University of Colorado. It baffles me how anyone could put in that much work and still be a total idiot.
(June 2, 2013 at 2:29 am)Dena Wrote: According to the Answers in Genesis website he received in PhD from the University of Colorado. It baffles me how anyone could put in that much work and still be a total idiot.

What discipline is his alleged PhD in? I'd check AiG myself, but the last time I went there, I burst into flames.
It says astrophysics.
Quote: He is a resident scientist of the creation museum, but apparently a real scientist asshole.

Gave you a little help there.
WOW! He is brainwashing people!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ken Ham's Creation museum is FAILING!!!!! Manowar 222 60912 September 17, 2017 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Aren't Science vs. Creation Debates......rather pointless? maestroanth 30 5601 March 29, 2016 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  creation museum KingHeretic 26 10745 February 5, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  No need for creation... of anything darkblight 10 6004 May 15, 2011 at 4:18 am
Last Post: Arcturus
  Creation (Film, 2009) Eilonnwy 17 5215 February 11, 2010 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Creation (2009) Film Eilonnwy 28 8947 September 28, 2009 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy
  SciAm: Darwin on a Godless Creation: "It's like confessing to a murder" leo-rcc 1 2701 February 16, 2009 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki