Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creation museum
creation museum
Has anyone seen this? man this is horrid, how can people believe this? here is a link: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=croc...edIndex=17 (there is a virtual tour just look it is horrid)
RE: creation museum
Yes. Australians are very embarrassed by this bloke. That's why he ended up in America.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 31, 2014 at 11:55 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Yes. Australians are very embarrassed by this bloke. That's why he ended up in America.

You couldn't have just fed him to a crocodile? I mean, we have enough of these assholes that we don't need yours, too. Tongue

I went to Kentucky a couple of years ago, and I remember throwing up in my mouth when I saw a billboard for the creation museum.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Well we could use him as drumline bait but we really don't think polluting our environment is a great idea. Besides, he sent himself.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
If you are referring to Ken Ham i met him years ago when he came with his traveling nutjobs to conn. We were at a school and they used several rooms in the school, that explained different parts of his beliefs and why evolution is bullshit. My friend who was a born again Christian thought I should go. Many of the people at this event I heard talking among themselves, "This is all bullshit" they said. I don't think he convinced many people that day. I think his museum since it opened up in 07 had about 500. 000 visitors total, a drop in the bucket really, but sad when you think of children going to his museum and seeing dinosaurs and children playing together like the Flintstones. It confuses them.

manowar
Quote:how can people believe this?

They're stupid.
Unfortunately, we have our own stupid over here, in the embarrassing shape of the Genesis Expo in Portsmouth. Personally I think they named it that so they could get the word "sex" in there to attract visitors, because I genuinely can't believe anyone wanting to go of their own accord without the hint of a free tumble. It's not a patch on the million-dollar Australian/American theme park, but given that our version of a space project is two beardy blokes in a shed that's hardly surprising.

CrapDaysOut observes that "In one sense the creators of the Genesis Expo have done the impossible, by creating a museum where you can come out knowing less than when you went in."

We go over now to our undercover reporter in the field, AnswersInBooks, who sends us this report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWvniBYscQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Pq6yNW3oY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u4ixGQKi0s
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I feel like he shouldn't be able to call it a museum Sad. It's like universities have to get accredited, shouldn't museums do that, too? Since the primary function of these institutions is for people to learn about stuff, can't have people spreading misinformation and outright lies and pretend like they're legit unis and museums. A lot of kids are going to think it's a proper museum and that the things in it are real, especially if they come from families that are stupid enough to take them there.
Wow. I didn't know we had one of those.

How embarrassing. Undecided

[Image: boris.jpg]

What the fuck is this supposed to be?! It looks like barney wearing a snood!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Clearly the dinosaurs died out from sheer embarrassment. That thing came derping along and they simply stopped trying.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ken Ham's Creation museum is FAILING!!!!! Manowar 222 60919 September 17, 2017 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Aren't Science vs. Creation Debates......rather pointless? maestroanth 30 5601 March 29, 2016 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Creation museum Manowar 22 9265 June 3, 2013 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  No need for creation... of anything darkblight 10 6004 May 15, 2011 at 4:18 am
Last Post: Arcturus
  Creation (Film, 2009) Eilonnwy 17 5215 February 11, 2010 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Creation (2009) Film Eilonnwy 28 8949 September 28, 2009 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy
  SciAm: Darwin on a Godless Creation: "It's like confessing to a murder" leo-rcc 1 2701 February 16, 2009 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki