Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quack stealing money from cancer sufferers
Quack stealing money from cancer sufferers
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22717245

Folk from the US will probably be more familiar, but this Dr Stanislaw Burzynski is a genius! He's managed to convince people who have nowhere left to turn that his cancer cure works! And you just need tens of thousands of dollars to wave goodbye to your cancer!

There was a story on the BBC about a little girl who had an incurable cancer on her brain, and her parents spent tens of thousands taking her to this guy who said he could cure her.

She died, but apparently the parents were happy losing all their money and giving it to a liar and fraud! *sigh* I really do hate people like him.

Quote:"If I hadn't have gone I would be sat here without my daughter saying, 'God if only I'd tried it' and you can't put a price on hope."

Why yes, yes you can!
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
RE: Quack stealing money from cancer sufferers
Reminds me of the Laetril scam in the 70's.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRela...trile.html

"A fool and his money are soon parted."
What a cunt.
This is why I hate pseudoscientific quack remedies. All too often desperate people will stop receiving actual medical treatment in favor of quack remedies and die. As a minor annoyance, they might keep receiving medical treatment along with quack cures, but when they get better they give the quack treatment the credit for curing them.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
This guy is a fucking piece of shit, and if I ever meet him in person I will break him.
Robert H. Dowling ran / runs the same basic scam from Ecuador. He suckered my late step-father out of quite a bit before he succumbed to cancer.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Makes claims without evidence, won't produce proof, promises miracles, takes a lot of money from the desperate and then fails to deliver. Sounds familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it...
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "The Truth About Cancer" BlackBird 24 7636 October 19, 2015 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  New Quackery Alert: Root Canals Cause CANCER! No_God 3 2890 February 25, 2014 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Bittersmart
  Cancer Cure? catfish 14 4035 March 30, 2013 at 1:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Faith healers that claim they can cure cancer. downbeatplumb 23 7399 June 27, 2011 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Darth