Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Quackery Alert: Root Canals Cause CANCER!
New Quackery Alert: Root Canals Cause CANCER!
http://consciousnewsmedia.blogspot.com/2...wXx5_ldV1Y

Yes, maybe 97% of his patients did have a root canal but 92% of the US adult population has had a cavity filled or a root canal. That is pretty much everybody! Most of us should have cancer according to this claim. Of course there is going to be a lot of people with cancer AND root canals if a large percentage of the population has had a root canal!

Conspiracy theorists fail to follow the scientific method correctly. They formulate their bogus hypothesis and then communicate their unfounded claims as factual.

For example, "burning snow" guy. He put a lighter to a snow ball and it turned black.... so he instantly concluded that the snow was fake and it was created by HAARP. The worst thing of all... TONS OF PEOPLE BELIEVED HIM.

These websites like "Natural News" hardly EVER give factual evidence. They hardly ever send a positive message. They are constantly injecting fear into weak minded people (there's a lot of them). Cancer this, dying that, infections, vaccines are bad, and cure your chronic athletes foot with oregano and fish blood! It's all so bogus, it offends me. It really does.

Do people seriously blindly follow everything they hear or see? Every little spec of information that comes up on their news feed on facebook? Every rumor or conspiracy theory that someone may spew out of someone's mouth?

I think Bill Nye is right. This country is going to fail unless we raise science-literate kids and critical thinkers... otherwise everyone will be wearing tin-foil hats and rubbing oregano and fish blood on their feet.
RE: New Quackery Alert: Root Canals Cause CANCER!
(February 20, 2014 at 8:31 am)No_God Wrote: Yes, maybe 97% of his patients did have a root canal but
I bet most of them were chronic breathers too! It isn't our fault we're addicted to air! I just...I can't live without it! I try to stop breathing but it becomes so painful I can't bear it! HELP ME!!! Tongue
(February 20, 2014 at 8:31 am)No_God Wrote: It's all so bogus, it offends me. It really does.

Do people seriously blindly follow everything they hear or see?
Stupid and/or gullible people, yes. Unfortunately there are a lot of them out there.
(February 20, 2014 at 8:31 am)No_God Wrote: I think Bill Nye is right. This country is going to fail unless we raise science-literate kids and critical thinkers... otherwise everyone will be wearing tin-foil hats and rubbing oregano and fish blood on their feet.
Hopefully his performance in the debate got through to someone. The irony is that people like these will be the ones saying that you aren't thinking critically for not questioning (read: denying) mainstream science in favor of their paranoia.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
You know, I hear people say it a lot, but when I hear garbage like this, it makes me really wonder if people understand what it means when you say "correlation does not necessarily mean causation."

Because, otherwise, you could probably argue that drinkin water and eating food causes cancer. The stats are probably pretty similar there, right?

If he wants to make this look more legitimate, he might want to tell us what percentage of people get a root canal and don't get cancer. I mean, a test group is hard to examine without a control group to compare them to.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Unfortunately, this kind of stuff is packaged in a way that looks "science-y" to the average person. "My god, they have statistics! It must be true!" And a lot of older people (like some relatives of mine) don't understand how much misinformation there is out there. This is the internet/computer generation, but they still take anything that appears to be legitimate at face value. "Why would FoxNews make up shit? They're a national news station! Why would anyone take the time to create an elaborate hoax for fun? That's just silly! Why would this paper that looks like it's full of research be full of crap?" So you've got that mindset, and then sprinkle a little distrust of the government on there, a dash of sensationalism, and you've got a perfect recipe for duping a ton of people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "The Truth About Cancer" BlackBird 24 7635 October 19, 2015 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  Quack stealing money from cancer sufferers Fidel_Castronaut 6 2519 June 5, 2013 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Cancer Cure? catfish 14 4035 March 30, 2013 at 1:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Faith healers that claim they can cure cancer. downbeatplumb 23 7399 June 27, 2011 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Darth