Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you know how to CORRECTLY add milk to your tea?
Do you know how to CORRECTLY add milk to your tea?
You'd be surprised how many people don't correctly mix the milk into their tea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0OrZobhSQE
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

RE: Do you know how to CORRECTLY add milk to your tea?
I don't put milk in my tea. Just honey.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I don't take milk with my tea anymore either, but if I did that's exactly how I'd do it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
EGGS!!?!??!!1/??!?
Sum ergo sum
Tea is terrible. It tastes how I imagine an ent's sweaty gym sock tastes.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
You haven't had the right tea.

I say that as a coffee devotee.
Nah. My parents drank tea like there was crack in it, and I never tasted or smelled anything except what I imagine the Jolly Green Giant's piss is like(I've got a million of these).
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Loose leaf proper tea?
I don't know. I never paid much attention to how it was made. It smelled so bad that I didn't bother paying attention.
My father would drink the most awful Earl Gray tea at times. I hated it. Later I discovered bagged teas that I liked when I was sick or needed to sleep - there was a chamomile-mango that was very nice that Celestial Dreams (I think) put out.

Then Ungodlyfossil sent me loose-leaf stuff from Germany - strong black tea that's good with milk. It was very nice. I don't do bagged stuff now unless I'm making iced tea and it's convenient.

There's a spa down the highway which has hundreds of canisters of loose-leaf tea of all kinds. Blacks. Greens. Oolongs. Botanicals. Pu-erhs. They all have different scents. Some are sweet, some are bitter. Some are naturally tart - like the ox-blood colored Berry Hibiscus I love which tastes like just-ripe lemons and raspberries. There's a black tea David and I like called "Chococcino" which smells like chocolate and coffee. I drink a ginger pu-erh quite often which is only mildly bitter and very gingery - perfect for upset stomachs.

It's sort of like wine - I always hated wine until I went to an actual vineyard and had something other than the cheap red wine my dad would buy. Wine from the barrel is an experience, and going through good, expensive wine on a tasting on a crisp fall day in Virginia will turn anyone into a wine-lover. Tea is sort of the same way - go to a place that specializes in it (not Teavana) and have someone who loves it go with you. I bet you'd find something.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3668 198874 April 25, 2024 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1086 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 547066 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Did you know? Ryn 2 322 July 4, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: weaponoffreedom
  How do you take your tea? BrokenQuill92 29 1231 November 23, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  Forum add-ons that are needed. Gawdzilla Sama 33 1401 August 15, 2020 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Two things that I don't understand. Add yours. Figbash 14 1259 May 4, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  Do I know you? Losty 16 1289 October 21, 2019 at 5:03 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  10 things you didn’t know about Star Wars robvalue 3 861 March 20, 2019 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  How to know your SO is a nerd. Gawdzilla Sama 11 1132 August 29, 2018 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama