Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vale Patrick Swaze.
Vale Patrick Swaze.
I was saddened today to learn to of the death of this likable actor .

"Ghost "is one of my favourite feel good movies,and I loved "Dirty Dancing"; that man could DANCE!

I'm sorry he's gone. I have a very long list of actors ,celebrities, and reality TV hosts I would miss far less,if at all.

It's not fucking FAIR! (stamp foot)Angry

There's a nice clip with the link below:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/sto...38,00.html
RE: Vale Patrick Swaze.
Aw man....I loved "Ghost" too!

I am truly sorry that he is gone as well. Well, he did fight a good fight though.
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Shocked, but only because i was under the impression he was recovering.

Never was a fan of his, apart from his role in Donnie Darko
I, too, was under the impression he was getting better. I knew he was battling cancer but didn't realize it was overcoming him. It really is a shame. I grew up watching some of his shows.
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
It is sad, Patrick Swayze was a decent actor and 57 is a very young age to die in this day and age.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Hey, he lived longer than 90% of all humans ever.
Which part of "this day and age" didn't you get?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
True...but 57 is still really young. My father passed away at 50+ as well.
(September 15, 2009 at 6:58 am)theVOID Wrote: Shocked, but only because i was under the impression he was recovering.

Mate the poor guy had pancreatic cancer.

Quote:Patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer typically have a poor prognosis partly because the cancer usually causes no symptoms early on, leading to locally advanced or metastatic disease at time of diagnosis. Median survival from diagnosis is around 3 to 6 months; 5-year survival is less than 5%.[42] With 37,170 cases diagnosed in the United States in 2007, and 33,700 deaths, pancreatic cancer has one of the highest fatality rates of all cancers and is the fourth highest cancer killer in the United States among both men and women. Although it accounts for only 2.5% of new cases, pancreatic cancer is responsible for 6% of cancer deaths each year.[43]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancreatic_...#Prognosis
(September 15, 2009 at 7:51 am)theVOID Wrote: Hey, he lived longer than 90% of all humans ever.

Dear Mr-tact-to-the-toenails.

I turn 62 next month.

I'm aware that in 1848,the average US male life expectancy was 48.

Today it's about 76.

57 is far too damn young. From the depth of sensitivity of your post, I can only assume you're about 12 (at least mentally)Angel
(September 15, 2009 at 7:52 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Which part of "this day and age" didn't you get?

What makes you think that i was offering a contention to your post?

It was a complementary remark.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saint Patrick's Day!! BrianSoddingBoru4 21 1069 March 21, 2020 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Happy St Patrick's Day to all! ignoramus 10 1272 March 17, 2016 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  RIP Sir Patrick Moore Cyberman 11 3205 December 11, 2012 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Vale Phylis Diller Oldandeasilyconfused 3 1182 September 2, 2012 at 5:47 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Happy Irish Day!! (Oh yeah and those guys known as St patrick) KichigaiNeko 0 1196 March 17, 2011 at 6:15 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko