Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random First World Problem
Random First World Problem
Legos. My kids have too many of the things, mainly due to a family friend giving us 2 moving boxes of them when his son graduated from college and didn't want them. The boys enjoy building various things and being creative with them, but there are too many for anyone to find anything. We were also gifted all the instruction booklets from our friend's son's sets, but can't build them due to being unable to find the necessary pieces.
My question is: Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort/organize them? I've attempted various sorts before, but none have been effective. They're currently in multiple bins with no organization whatsoever. Ideas? Please! The Legos have taken over!!!
RE: Random First World Problem
I'd organize them into two piles.

One pile labeled
"trash"
the other
"things that aren't legos"

You know you want to take my advice........
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Oh come now, Rhythm - Legos are great fun, until you step on them in bare feet.

@festive1 - if you figure it out, let me know. My kid has a huge bin full of the things.
My post office is on the top of a hill and no bus goes straight there Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I've contemplated burning the damn things... But then I think of the toxic fumes...
Just how many people on here have kids? Congrats and all but bloody hell... I didn't know the older gen. were that tech savvy tbh.
"Older generation"... I don't think I quite deserve that status yet... We had computers in my kindergarten classroom... They ran on those giant floppy disks, but still...
Build something that they won't want to take apart.....

[Image: 3764568620_06f04eaeaa_z.jpg]

Like Lego Hooker.
My son isn't past the Duplo phase yet, so I've got no experience with that.

I do seem to remember from my childhood, however, that organizing Legos is ultimately futile.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(June 5, 2013 at 12:54 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Oh come now, Rhythm - Legos are great fun, until you step on them in bare feet.

And then you grab your foot and start hopping around on the other one, forgetting that the kids were playing jacks...

...but it's okay, since they were playing it on their Android devices.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts Foxaèr 10986 262735 April 27, 2024 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 1908 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4183 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  First World problems getting you down? We're here for support. ignoramus 68 7356 June 18, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Random Quirks mlmooney89 13 2277 November 20, 2017 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hall of random shit Cyberman 55 10034 November 11, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Random Song Lyrics Puke Skywalker 13 2607 July 22, 2017 at 8:38 am
Last Post: brewer
  The random, out-of-context dialogue thread Cyberman 3 1007 September 27, 2016 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Random Insight When Drunk #1 Edwardo Piet 41 3884 September 25, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The Random Steam-Of-Consciousness Bullshit Nonsense Thread Edwardo Piet 26 2103 September 13, 2016 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: c172