Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relativistic Doppler Effect
Relativistic Doppler Effect
Ok, time for some edumecation.

Last time, we explored how Einstein derived his famous equation, E = mc2 See: http://soi.blogspot.ca/2013/06/einsteins...ation.html

One of those equations was taken for granted.
γB+ = ½ E(1 + (V/c)cosΦ)(1 – V2/c2)

At the time that Einstein published his papers in 1905, it had been derived by others, so he didn't have to do it.

In this blog, that equation is derived from first principles.

See: http://soi.blogspot.ca/2013/06/relativis...ffect.html

EDIT: no ads on that site, not trying to get more clicks. Big Grin
RE: Relativistic Doppler Effect
(June 10, 2013 at 7:48 am)little_monkey Wrote: THE HORROR
Oh my, that brought up terrible memories from school. Terrible, terrible memories that I thougth I had bundled up just nicely in a steel crate locked deep down in the lowest depths of the catacombs of my psyche...

You should put a "hide" thingy around that before someone else gets a heart attack. And a disclaimer. Jesus man.
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
(June 10, 2013 at 8:34 am)littleendian Wrote:
(June 10, 2013 at 7:48 am)little_monkey Wrote: THE HORROR
Oh my, that brought up terrible memories from school. Terrible, terrible memories that I thougth I had bundled up just nicely in a steel crate locked deep down in the lowest depths of the catacombs of my psyche...

You should put a "hide" thingy around that before someone else gets a heart attack. And a disclaimer. Jesus man.
Hmmm, no. There are people who are interested in bettering themselves. Heck, the internet is awashed with ignoramuses spewing their ignorance. The least I can do is to provide some real learning for those who want it. It's been part of the US myth that learning is for the intellectual elite. And so we have a party dedicated to put creationism in the science class, a Republican sitting on the science committee, who knows sweetfuckall about science, doesn't believe in evolution or global warming, yet has the power to decide which scientist gets a grant. This country is in serious trouble. Pardon me if I want to bring some light in this pathetic world.
You keep it up, monkey! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Doppler Effect...... Brian37 25 1405 May 4, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Doppelgänger Effect..... BrianSoddingBoru4 0 301 May 2, 2021 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Doppler Effect in Time Rhondazvous 11 1657 August 9, 2018 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  mandela effect Marsellus Wallace 65 6483 July 13, 2016 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Little lunch