Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Hail You
All Hail You
If you were a godlike being, would you desire to be worshiped or merely acknowledged for existing? Would you punish those you deem deserve it for whatever reason that satisfies you?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: All Hail You
Title made me immediately think of this.

Anyway, I don't know how I would act if I were a god. It's a question that's difficult to answer seriously, because odds are being a god would change me and my personality.

I would, however, force every person on earth to watch Breaking Bad.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(June 13, 2013 at 1:31 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: If you were a godlike being, would you desire to be worshiped or merely acknowledged for existing? Would you punish those you deem deserve it for whatever reason that satisfies you?

I'd completely fuck with everyone. I'd be like "Oh you donated everything you have to charity? Lets see how you feel about your dog getting hit by lightning." Then drop a winning lottery ticket in front of them. Then they get hit by a falling tree.

I'd go out of my way to leave no sense behind my actions just to watch the confusion.
(June 13, 2013 at 1:31 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: If you were a godlike being, would you desire to be worshiped or merely acknowledged for existing?
Just acknowledged. I don't have a small dick complex.
Quote:Would you punish those you deem deserve it for whatever reason that satisfies you?
If I knew that someone's going to be pedophile, murderer or rapists then I wouldn't create him/her in the first place, so that victim doesn't have to suffer
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

I honestly don't know how I would operate if I were a deity, but I doubt I would require worshippers, probably wouldn't even care to be acknowledged.

Chances are I would create a planet inhabited by nothing but cats.
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
(June 13, 2013 at 1:31 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: If you were a godlike being, would you desire to be worshiped or merely acknowledged for existing? Would you punish those you deem deserve it for whatever reason that satisfies you?
Interesting, I just made a shout about this. Considering the reputation system, kudos, medals, annual awards, etc., it's obvious that a lot of people here would want some worship, though they'll likely deny it despite the evidence.
I wouldn't force worship, but wouldn't look down on it either. I'd appreciate it if people recognized I was a god.
As for how I'd change things, I'd eliminate evil all throughout the multiverse without hurting anyone.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
(June 13, 2013 at 1:50 pm)John V Wrote:
Interesting, I just made a shout about this. Considering the reputation system, kudos, medals, annual awards, etc., it's obvious that a lot of people here would want some worship, though they'll likely deny it despite the evidence.

Recognition from people you have a modicum of respect for can reasonably be appreciated. Recognition from ants is a ridiculous thing to care about and we're barely different from ants if compared to an omniscient and omnipotent being.

Little 'g' gods might want worship, they're just exaggerated humans. They could relate to us. They could care about our opinion of them.

Do you believe in God or a god?
I think the last thing I'd care about are a bunch of sniveling shits praying to me.

I'd probably smite them all just for annoying me.
(June 13, 2013 at 1:50 pm)John V Wrote: Interesting, I just made a shout about this. Considering the reputation system, kudos, medals, annual awards, etc., it's obvious that a lot of people here would want some worship, though they'll likely deny it despite the evidence.

Awwww, are you jelly?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20921 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 13017 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Open to all-would you sacrifice your child if god told you to? vodkafan 166 24797 August 7, 2014 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Something all theists should all keep in mind. Creed of Heresy 67 28217 September 30, 2012 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  All Hail FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster) shearainh2o 20 5872 March 18, 2012 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist