Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:39 pm

Poll: Would you sacrifice your child if God told you to?
This poll is closed.
Yes
9.62%
5 9.62%
No
90.38%
47 90.38%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open to all-would you sacrifice your child if god told you to?
Open to all-would you sacrifice your child if god told you to?
I have posted this poll as open to all, but I am expecting that only religious members will answer in the affirmative. If you received a message in your head that you were sure was god , telling you to kill your child , would you do it? We are told that Abraham was the sort of believer that God wanted. Do you come up to scratch?
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
RE: Open to all-would you sacrifice your child if god told you to?
I'm pretty sure most religious people would dodge the question by claiming their god wouldn't ask them to.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Well, first, I receive messages in my head all the time, I don't necessarily act on them.

This is about the gazillionth time this question has been asked on this forum.

I assume you mean that if it was clear it was a message from my god. I don't know what I'd do.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 8, 2014 at 10:17 am)rasetsu Wrote: Well, first, I receive messages in my head all the time, I don't necessarily act on them.

This is about the gazillionth time this question has been asked on this forum.

I assume you mean that if it was clear it was a message from my god. I don't know what I'd do.

Apologies rasetsu I didn't think it through that it had probably been asked before. I guess it is a bit of a dumb question as I don't suppose a religious person will answer it honestly in any case.

Well somebody voted yes.
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
Trivia question for Hitchens fans, what were the two words Hitchens said in response to being given this "what if" question? A free year's supply of pocket lint for the first correct answer.
"Fuck You." It's the same answer I would give.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 8, 2014 at 10:33 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: "Fuck You." It's the same answer I would give.

DING DING DING DING! You have won Final Jeopardy, Don Pardo tell our contestant what they have won.

"A lifetime of reason and sanity and a live kid"
It depends how much I liked the child.
I'd sacrifice god, just to fuck up his/her/its day.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
Yeah, it would definitely depend on which kid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what age should a child be introduced to religion? Fake Messiah 82 5566 July 4, 2022 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Wash your hands or do not wash your hands when you eat Ferrocyanide 48 3107 October 19, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78670 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How do christens justify child molestation? AngryAtheist666 47 3710 February 15, 2021 at 5:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who told you that you were naked? Um nobody. Fake Messiah 7 786 March 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Nakara
  Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity downbeatplumb 5 895 January 16, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 733 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4047 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  How to raise a child as an atheist Alexmahone 13 2296 January 1, 2018 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Would God be an atheist? Martian Mermaid 41 6842 November 16, 2017 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet