Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why US is not the greatest country in the world ...
Why US is not the greatest country in the world ...
For me, that about sums it up Big Grin

What do you guys think ? Thinking
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
RE: Why US is not the greatest country in the world ...
(June 14, 2013 at 12:59 am)FifthElement Wrote: What do you guys think ? Thinking

Because despite our obviously superior birth as a nation, and all the wrongs we have committed since then, we are still our own worst critics?

And even with our lingering patriotism, which nation other than our own is more harsh with itself?

I state this because not only what I know of American history but...

.because that's an American actor in an American production telling America that it has failed, that it sucks, and we need to fix ourselves.

We are the most self critical country I can think of. My opinion of course. I'd be interested in being educated in differing opinions.
Hmmm I'm not sure America has failed but it does seem to doing alot of religous navel gazing at the moment to it's own detriment.

Rahul Wrote:We are the most self critical country I can think of. My opinion of course. I'd be interested in being educated in differing opinions.

Nah mate. Australia is about the best at taking the prize of being self-critical to the point of being a country of under achievers. We get very surprised if we get anything right. Dunno

As for that slice of American TV. I think it is accurate Fifth, America comes across this way. As I said, it seems to be doing alot of navel gazing (religious) and not enough of the "Can-Do" that the world has been accustomed to.
my 2bytes
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Re: Why US is not the greatest country in the world ...
Duh. The UK is the greatest country in the world. Hence the name "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"
He's right. We are going down the shitter because the right-wing thinks it is unpatriotic to admit we have any problem except that taxes are too high on the fucking rich.
Definitely one of my favorite shows. The Newsroom returns for season two mid July.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I may just have to catch up and watch... There's a lot of truth in that diatribe.
America isn't the greatest country in the world, but Murica is, son.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Yeah........

[Image: Regions6.jpg]
Aww thank you. I do have big hair. Afro

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unacknowledged: An Exposé of the World's Greatest Secret scoobysnack 63 18361 May 30, 2017 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  American Country Music Awards JuliaL 5 1911 April 19, 2015 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Country has officially become the shittiest genre of music there is. Ryantology 53 7855 January 22, 2015 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  The gay country song taking America by storm Foxaèr 29 7472 July 31, 2013 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Rick Santorum Country Song Tiberius 8 2949 April 26, 2012 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Obama's Greatest Speech Ever. :) leo-rcc 7 3493 March 25, 2010 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Dotard
  greatest story ever told WWLD 1 1524 March 22, 2009 at 4:48 am
Last Post: leo-rcc