Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips on making Youtube videos on Atheism
Tips on making Youtube videos on Atheism
I been making You tube videos in my free time over the summer break. And I do videos on Atheism as well as college,video games, relationships, a little political here and there. And my videos quality has been improving a lot I would say. When I make videos on Atheism i'm somewhat nervous because no matter how much I try to make a great engaging open video on atheism I always get negative feedback. How should I respond to people who make negative comments. And if you were making videos on atheism how would structure it.

my atheism/religion playlist is here
<SNIP>

and the channel link
<SNIP>
And feedback on the videos on how I could improve and/or what you liked
RE: Tips on making Youtube videos on Atheism
No matter what you say, there will always be people that disagree with you. You can't please everyone so don't try.
Don't worry about it.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Do your research. Too many atheists that post online are extremely lazy and just repeat the same nonsense they see online. It's easier to attack these atheists on the issues they are so proud of than anything else, even on religious-centered moral issues.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Just do the videos for yourself, maybe to communicate with a few youtube friends. Don't worry about a fanbase just yet. Worry more about content as you go on and get a feel for things. Yes, being prepared, doing research and a script are all helpful.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Perhaps it's like any other kind of review, such as book or movie reviews. People who are either strongly positive or strongly negative likely have such reactions because of factors they bring to the video, a strong bias of one sort or another, an intellect that isn't particularly discriminating, or whatever. It might be prudent to toss out the extremes at both the positive and negative end of the scale, and concentrate on the more tempered comments in the middle 2/3rds or so. (It's also true that some of the most unvarnished truths come from the most extreme reviews, but you have to know how to sift the wheat from the chaff.) The other thing to keep in mind is that a criticism or comment is only as good as the person giving it; you likely have no way of knowing one way or the other whether the person commenting is competent to make constructive criticism, has the social skills to communicate it effectively and so on. Perhaps instead of concentrating on reviews from random strangers, you might spend some time cultivating relationships with people whose opinions you find credible, and most importantly, useful. You might start by contacting or subscribing to producers of videos, blogs and other content which leads you in that direction, but don't just mine them for their help; invest in relationships, even if they never pay off or you never intend to make use of them. It's called networking, and it works. If you can find someone who is willing to take a personal interest in your work, all the better; just remember, most people lose interest in you if they feel you've lost interest in them. It's a two-way street. You get what you give.

More than that, I'm sure there are style guides in terms of both video guides, and written material on the web. Perhaps spend some time watching videos you like for their content and production values, and as you watch, write down the things you like or that you feel are effective; then watch your own videos with your list in front of you or otherwise review your video to see how well or poorly you did on those things. (It may help to reduce the list to some manageable number like the 12 top things if the list gets very long.)

Best of luck.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist or Skeptical videos Angrboda 27 2699 October 17, 2022 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2214 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2858 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4749 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Posted comments on Youtube gets deleted Ferrocyanide 16 1930 April 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  This is making the rounds on my FB feed. Figbash 10 1931 December 16, 2019 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27100 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Watch "Rocky Sharpe & The Replays - Rama Lama Ding Dong [totp2]" on YouTube TubbyTubby 5 2006 June 9, 2016 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  One of the best videos i've seen in a long time Heat 1 1116 December 22, 2015 at 5:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheist Videos Wunsbee 8 3079 August 9, 2015 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: brewer