Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments
Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments
I could have posted this in humor, but I decided to post it here instead.
[Image: pYjGeBF.png]
[Image: Y4oJLP8.png]
For the record, I do know what argument he's trying to make, it's just so mind bogglingly stupid that i'd rather just let him continue commenting.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments
Youtube comments: the single most compelling justification for aliens to wipe out humanity.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Yeah, what utter drivel. Strawman garbage. A strawman made out of garbage smelly straw. More binary religious thinking. Either goddidit or nothing means anything. Pah!

Small point: we don't even know the universe came into existence at all. It might have just always existed in some form, with there never having been a state of "nothing".
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Besides, has anyone ever successfully argued that Gods can give things meaning?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I've never heard an answer to that!

I hear, "Without God, there is no meaning."

Turning that around, with God, there is apparently meaning... but what meaning? No one will tell me.

To me, this life being a test where God sees if I'm worthy of joining his exclusive club by means of bizarre rules transmitted in the most ludicrous way possible makes this life lose all meaning. Without God, and without an afterlife, this life has ultimate meaning. It's all there is. If you add an infinite afterlife, this life drops to negligible importance except passing the test. So it appears to be arse backwards.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 2, 2015 at 11:29 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Youtube comments: the single most compelling justification for aliens to wipe out humanity.

I don't know bug is good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJiowetK2_c

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Looks like the guy is just being a troll. We get those sometimes on this board.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 2, 2015 at 11:29 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Youtube comments: the single most compelling justification for aliens to wipe out humanity.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
This is off topic but you just reminded me of something and I can't resist. I was reading the comments on a blog post somewhere - it might even have been Pharyngula - and for some reason the mention of druids came up. Somebody had said some inaccurate things about them or something. Anyway, another commenter corrected them and posted a link to a scholarly article, which turned out to be broken - causing one genius to remark: "These aren't the druids you're looking for."
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid stuff in youtube comments!?!?!?!?!?! Wow!!
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man." Woah0 16 1373 September 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2068 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Posted comments on Youtube gets deleted Ferrocyanide 16 1902 April 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  (Sensitivity required) Coming out to someone SlowCalculations 12 1712 October 27, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for comments / ideas for WIP project ABCs of Atheism Judashpeters 18 4490 April 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Judashpeters
  Can someone debunk this FPerson 162 32298 November 12, 2017 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Watch "Rocky Sharpe & The Replays - Rama Lama Ding Dong [totp2]" on YouTube TubbyTubby 5 1970 June 9, 2016 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hilarious religious troll on YT Heat 11 2192 November 28, 2015 at 4:24 am
Last Post: robvalue
  How can someone convert from Atheist to Religious Heat 65 9486 November 26, 2015 at 1:43 pm
  How do you feel about atheist youtube personalities? MusicLovingAtheist 26 10684 December 11, 2014 at 9:12 am