Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infectious Diseases Strike Communities Where Vaccinations Are ‘Anti-God’
Infectious Diseases Strike Communities Where Vaccinations Are ‘Anti-God’
Poetic justice?

Quote:What do Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn and evangelical Dutch Christians have in common?

Two things: Both group respects their god so much, they remain passive when their kids get — and spread — the measles; and both communities are fighting an outbreak right now.

In the United States,

Another infectious disease is running through the Orthodox Jewish community in Brooklyn. More than 50 children have developed measles this spring — the third or fourth measles problem in the community in the last six years, and following closely on the heels of a mumps outbreak in 2009–10 that affected more than 3,000 people… [T]he cause is quite simple. Kids aren’t getting vaccinated.

And this, from the Netherlands [article in Dutch]:

“God knows what’s good for your child. Vaccination is an expression of one’s lack of trust in Him,” says a Christian mom. …

In the Dutch Bible Belt, the vaccination rate is far below the national average. That makes an outbreak in the region a particularly large risk. Frequently, measles, mumps, and whooping cough emerge and spread at great speed.

If that happens, then everyone is at risk, believers and non-believers alike – at least those who haven’t been vaccinated, and those whose vaccine-related immunity has lessened over time.

Read the whole thing: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...-anti-god/
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

RE: Infectious Diseases Strike Communities Where Vaccinations Are ‘Anti-God’
I suspect that children of the anti-vaccination crowd have this problem too.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
It's hard to root for the measels but...in this case...
Appearently, unlike god, evolution really does send those who would deny it to hell.
In western India there was anti cholera campaign some time ago, which involved vacination. It was based in the city of Calcutta and it was expected that alot of people would turn up.

Unfortunatly a local islamic cleric convinced the religious communities that this was an "american conspiracy which would make all men impotent".

Non of those who in the aftermath suffered from the deseases deserve it.

The clerics who preach this shit deserve it!
Its never nice when people are suffering and dying but maybe it will teach them that their faith is ridiculous and their beliefs are without any evidence
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Anyone who preaches against today's medicines are being irresponsible and should be held accountable. I do know when I was a kid if someone in the neighborhood got the mumps, measles, chicken pox or other childhood diseases all the kids were sent to the home of the sick kid. That way everyone got whatever and the neighborhood was done with that particular one.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(June 19, 2013 at 4:56 pm)Godschild Wrote: Anyone who preaches against today's medicines are being irresponsible and should be held accountable. I do know when I was a kid if someone in the neighborhood got the mumps, measles, chicken pox or other childhood diseases all the kids were sent to the home of the sick kid. That way everyone got whatever and the neighborhood was done with that particular one.

How about those who preach against the biology of molecular evolution that made some of those medicines possible?
(June 19, 2013 at 3:14 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: In western India there was anti cholera campaign some time ago, which involved vacination. It was based in the city of Calcutta and it was expected that alot of people would turn up.

Unfortunatly a local islamic cleric convinced the religious communities that this was an "american conspiracy which would make all men impotent".

Non of those who in the aftermath suffered from the deseases deserve it.

The clerics who preach this shit deserve it!

Actually, anyone who is fucking stupid enough to listen to a "cleric" really deserves whatever befalls him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evil God and anti-theodicy FrustratedFool 32 2348 August 21, 2023 at 9:28 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 651 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Personal experience says religious folks are more prone to mental diseases ErGingerbreadMandude 20 7806 August 9, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Anti-Religon Songs ScienceAf 10 2850 July 18, 2017 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  Why I Am Anti-Theist God of Mr. Hanky 33 5593 February 23, 2016 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  what do non/anti-religion Deists and Theists believe ? jenny1972 94 14037 November 17, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Dawkins is Anti-Semitic ComradeMeow 14 3868 July 8, 2015 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19362 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
Information FOR THE Atheist/Anti-Muslim/Non-Muslim, A Muslim ( Me) is going to answer you kahmed123 47 8365 October 8, 2014 at 8:37 am
Last Post: bladevalant546
  Just ordered this anti-religion shirt. Need to be grilled for practice MusicLovingAtheist 20 3933 September 15, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: MusicLovingAtheist