Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church of England makes Chichester child abuse apology

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23215388

Quote:The Archbishop of Canterbury said there needed to be "a complete change of culture and behaviour" in the Church.
The Most Reverend Justin Welby told the Synod: "And, in addition, there is a profound theological point.
"We are not doing all this, we are not seeking to say how devastatingly, appallingly, atrociously sorry we are for the great failure there has been, for our own sakes, for our own flourishings, for the protection of the Church.
"We are doing it because we are called to live in the justice of God and we will each answer to him for our failings in these areas."

Quote:The cases of two priests - Roy Cotton and Colin Pritchard - who abused several children during the 1970s and 1980s, prompted an inquiry by the Archbishop of Canterbury's office into safeguarding procedures in the diocese.
The ensuing report described a "profoundly unhelpful and negative culture" there, producing an "appalling" and "dysfunctional" record in handling allegations of abuse.

hhmmm..... well, it's a start!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Church of England makes Chichester child abuse apology
Anyone found guilty of child rape should be brought to justice (with church's help) and excommunicated without right to retirement.
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

shouldn't those who were involved in the cover up be held accountable by the law as well?
Fucking Catholics.
That said I hope their attitude on how to handle these cases changes.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Re: Church of England makes Chichester child abuse apology
Catholics? Lol

Anywhooo... I'm pleased to see the Church is actually taking a step forward for a change.
Whatever they are..

Oh and

Fucking Catholics.

Tongue
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Heh, I was briefly one, but I know alot of people I grew up that still are. But religion is not that important around here so meh, almost everyone keeps faith to themselves, there are usually more materialistic concerns at hand. At least I'm happy to live in a country where religion isn't really taken seriously for the most part, it is a private matter and I don't really care about that. Portugal may have alot of other problems, but concerning religion, we are more pragmatic than that Big Grin
The words, "too little, too late" comes to mind?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 178 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1241 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1135 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 1988 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Birmingham Archdiocese 'ignored abuse to protect reputation' zebo-the-fat 6 1181 June 21, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: squidfetish
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3422 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 921 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3630 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Sexual abuse in the Catholic church. How widespread is it? Graufreud 26 2153 August 14, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Archbishop Philip Wilson guilty of concealing child sex abuses zebo-the-fat 3 815 May 23, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd